Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pistons In For Carmelo?
Do the Detroit Pistons have eyes for Carmelo Anthony?

It's no secret NBA front-office executives have tried to measure if the Nuggets might actually be willing to part ways with the 24-year-old Anthony, despite assurances to his agent that Denver is not actively shopping the high-scoring forward on the trade market.

Look for the Pistons, who fell just short of reaching the NBA Finals for the third straight season, to be among the teams putting out feelers in regard to Anthony's availability, according to a league source.

In one of the few personnel blunders committed by Detroit general manager Joe Dumars, the Pistons took Darko Milicic with the No. 2 pick in the 2003 draft, allowing Denver to select Anthony.
Only thing is, we have an excellent starting line up. I think it'd be hard to see how it'd work with him there.
They won't get him. Pistons have a good lineup, they don't need to change it and replace Prince with Carmelo. Prince is already a good player, let me remind you of his awards; he's a very good defensive player:

2004-05 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

2005-06 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

2006-07 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

2007-08 NBA All-Defensive Second Team

Gold Medal with Team USA, 2007 Tournament of Americas Olympic Qualifiers .

That's pretty darn special. Pistons need him on defense.
[Image: aug282007_kobe.jpg]
Not to mention Tayshaun's 7ft arm span.

I remember that block that could've cost the pacers the Championship in 04.
Even he sayed he won't go there so what's the problem <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin -->?
Give him way more moeny than he wants, and he'd go. He wants the monayyy.

yeah, Tayshaun is a darn good defensive man, and he can also score 20 a game.

Rock on.
[Image: aug282007_kobe.jpg]
they woould have to put prince on the bench or give him up and maybe give up another play for carmelo and that would be dumb to do that on the pistons part because they are all about defense but sorry to say it but carmelo has no defense but dont get me wrong i like carmelo's game he just need to play better D and the pistons have a good starting lineup but something is wrong cause they can't get back to the finals they have to change something or they will never win a championship again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasy basketball waiver wire finds: Carmelo Anthony turns back the clock ESPN NBA 0 351 Nov 2, 2021, 3:05 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Harden, LeBron, Carmelo among greats celebrating place on NBA's Top 75 list ESPN NBA 0 271 Oct 24, 2021, 2:35 pm
  Pistons add HOF'er Wallace to operations staff ESPN NBA 0 291 Oct 10, 2021, 3:23 pm
  Why Carmelo Anthony's resurgence means so much to young NBA superstars ESPN NBA 0 382 May 9, 2021, 7:04 am
  Sue Bird celebrates as Carmelo Anthony announces son Kiyan's high school hoop dreams ESPN NBA 0 512 Feb 14, 2021, 1:14 pm