Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lietuvos Rytas thread
Yeah that's what I think too. Italy should lose two spots after the last two seasons.
Jackson Vroman is out for the rest of the season. His contract runs out in summer and it remains unknown wether he'll stay or not.
Lietuvos rytas fired Aleksandar Trifunovic -> http://www.talkbasket.net/3286-lietuvos-...novic.html

There are plans to have more Lithuanian players next season as well as Lithuanian coaches.
Quote:Lietuvos rytas fired Aleksandar Trifunovic -> http://www.talkbasket.net/3286-lietuvos-...novic.html

There are plans to have more Lithuanian players next season as well as Lithuanian coaches.

I can't understand why Rytas fired mr. Trifunovic.. i think that Rytas had a great year in Euroleague stages and in the championship and coach Trifunovic was the leader of this team.

He managed to create a very strong group of players, and i can't say that this year was a disaster for Rytas.. i was glad watching Rytas' games in Lithuania, because Rytas had strong defence, was playing run & gun, with many fast breaks, and of course a wonderful crowd around the court.. Huh

P.S. I don't think that mr.Kazlauskas is going to be the new coach of Rytas.. just rumours.. Tongue
Trifunovic was already the 6th coach in just 3 years. He worked for more than one season and that's already an achievement Tongue That's just the way it goes in Rytas. General Manager Jonas Vainauskas has also quit so we might see different team policy.
All the webs in Israel reported in the last couple of hours, that maccabi offerd Price 1M $. His agent confirms it.
Couls anyone inform us if Tandas Klimavicius has signed (..agreed..) with Lietuvos?!

Because here in Greece, his manager stated that Tandas is Rytas' player, but GM of Rytas disapproved of this statement.. Unsure
It's Tadas not Tandas Wink It was only published that the club is interested in him. Nothing about transfer yet. Zalgiris is also looking at him. That's all I can tell right now.
LRytas is interesting in Sandis Valters (ASK Ryga) 12.67 ppg in BBL and Justinas Sinica (Vilniaus Sakalai) 16.95 ppg in LKL
Lietuvos rytas will play against Golden State Warriors on October 21st. It's nice to see Lithuanian team playing againts NBA team for a second year in a row. That was probably a compensation from Euroleague for not inviting Rytas to EL. But with the squad that Rytas have now, they have no chance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mindaugas Kuzminskas thread TalkBasket 1 2,626 Nov 23, 2016, 7:17 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Domantas Sabonis thread TalkBasket 2 3,040 Nov 15, 2016, 11:37 am
  Donatas Motiejunas thread TalkBasket 86 70,056 Nov 5, 2016, 9:22 am
  Jonas Valančiūnas thread TalkBasket 75 56,926 Oct 28, 2016, 2:39 pm
Last Post: Al Bundy
  Vilnius "Lietuvos Rytas" 2011/2012 straight forward 34 24,543 May 17, 2012, 9:08 pm
Last Post: tarelibasket