Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, just joined
Hi thought I should introduce myself. Im called Nic im 19 and at uni studying business studies. oh and i love basketball. When I turned 16 my coach told me I could play pro baskteball and helped me put together a tape of me to send to clubs. Anyway 2 months after my 16 Bday, I was in a car crash, 3 years on I still have limited movment in my left elbow and only a small rotation in my left wrist as well as a bad knee with a rod in it. since then I hadnt picked up a basketball untill a week ago when I went to the hospital and was told that after 3 years my body is ok and that I can now play sport, I started shooting around at my local court, using my right arm, I hit about 1 shot in 5 from inside the D, I walked home angry and have been depressed since, I love this game but i can hardly make a shot. HAs anyone else had to stop playing? Or does anyone have any advice on how to improve, how do i become right handed?
Welcome Nic13, hope you have some good time here Cool
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
(Jul 31, 2008, 9:22 pm)Nic13 Wrote: Hi thought I should introduce myself. Im called Nic im 19 and at uni studying business studies. oh and i love basketball. When I turned 16 my coach told me I could play pro baskteball and helped me put together a tape of me to send to clubs. Anyway 2 months after my 16 Bday, I was in a car crash, 3 years on I still have limited movment in my left elbow and only a small rotation in my left wrist as well as a bad knee with a rod in it. since then I hadnt picked up a basketball untill a week ago when I went to the hospital and was told that after 3 years my body is ok and that I can now play sport, I started shooting around at my local court, using my right arm, I hit about 1 shot in 5 from inside the D, I walked home angry and have been depressed since, I love this game but i can hardly make a shot. HAs anyone else had to stop playing? Or does anyone have any advice on how to improve, how do i become right handed?

more practises. I was stopped playing basketball in the winter and when i start to go in the school and play again in march i scored 4 from 10 from 3pt from 5 position from 3 games.I mean i hardly scored 4. my all scores were about 7-8 from 30 from 3 games lol. in about may i was again like last year(7-8 from 10). Now when I am taller, have bigger vertical jump I score a lot in games. But all is in the practise. And I am sorry for your bad accident.
Hey Nic, welcome to the home of basketball Tongue It's a friendly community. I think one of our recent members (Kobester) can confirm that.

You were really unfortunate to get into that car crash. One of the basketball legends in Europe, Riccardo Pittis had some disease and his right hand was semi-paraslysed or something. He spent a few months working on his left hand and returned to the court. In fact his shooting accuracy even improved compared to the previous seasons. I am just trying to say that this is possible.

I guess if you have enough determination and time you could learn shooting as good with both hands as Dejan Bodiroga.
its very good forum yeah. I like this forum.

And about the shooting lol its hard I am tring to learn to score with left hand but still dunno how to hold it how to throw it, it's hard. if someone can give me some videos or tips to learn it I will be so thankful(or whatever is the right word Tongue ).
I think you should be able to find some info on the internet. I just did a short searching and here's what I found: http://www.basketball-plays-and-tips.com...oting.html http://www.expertvillage.com/video/41790...p-shot.htm
10x very much and sorry for the spam
(Aug 1, 2008, 11:42 am)Kobester Wrote: its very good forum yeah. I like this forum.

And about the shooting lol its hard I am tring to learn to score with left hand but still dunno how to hold it how to throw it, it's hard. if someone can give me some videos or tips to learn it I will be so thankful(or whatever is the right word Tongue ).

I pm'd you with some tips, I worked pretty hard and I got to the point where I can make a 15 footer lefty.

But welcome to the forum nic13, very unfortunate about the accident. There was once a shooting guard for Michigan State University, he had arguably the greatest jumpshot I'd ever seen, but then he was diagnosed with cancer or something like that a few months before the draft.

I believe he played in Europe a few years later though, but he wasn't quite the same.