Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your roots
I was watching a TV show about famous people researching info about their ancestors. They usually get info about up to 5 generations back. So I was wondering what do you know about your ancestors and how far the info reaches. Do you know who were your grandgrandparents or even more? Maybe you have blood of some other nationalities?
All I know is, one of my ancestors came over from Germany, then after that it's all a blur, so many different nationalities in my I don't have any idea who came from where.

Hell, one time I was up visiting my grandpa, and I have black relatives? Who would've guessed.
Hi, i was born in Israel back in 1983, my dad was born in Romania in 1947 in a small town called Dorohoi, his dad, my drandpa, allso borned in Dorohoi and most of his Family was murderd in a labor camp by the Germans in WW2. my mother borned in Maroco, I don't know exactly where in 1949 and all of her family came to Israel in the 50's .
I looked into my family name about a year ago and found out a few interesting tidbits. Strasbourg, France has the most people with my last name. I figured it would be a German city. In the 1600's one my ancestors was one of the greatest brewers in Germany and received a coat of arms in honor of his abilities.
That is indeed interesting Chris. I wish I knew that far back about my ancestors. There are services that work with archives and can help you find your roots. I might try that one day.
I got so many roots and nationalities I don't even dare to lookup my family tree. But I do know I got all the negatives from all the nationalities of my ancestors.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:I got so many roots and nationalities I don't even dare to lookup my family tree. But I do know I got all the negatives from all the nationalities of my ancestors.

i can vouch for that.

my grandmother (mother side) is from lower saxony in germany and my grandfather from Pomerania (now poland) and alsace (now france). My mom was born in wolfsburg/lower saxony. From my father's side my grandfather is from chania/crete and my grandmother from mani/peloponissos. My father was born in piraues. Myself i was born in berlin/germany.
Schwach wie flasche leer
I honestly have no idea of my roots.