Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 2: Group A
Iran vs. Lithuania

Croatia vs. Russia

Argentina vs. Australia

Lithuania should have no troubles with Iran. Ramunas Butautas will probably rest key players and give more time to the bench.

Croatia vs Russia is probably game of the day in Group A. After a great performance by Croats against Aussies, they should be very dangerous. It will be the first serious test for Russians.

Both teams need a win desperatelly but the quality is on Argentina's side and it could be a close game but I believe that Olympic champs will win this one.
Easy win for the Liths surely. As for the Croatia vs Russia, it's hard to tell, but I just have a feeling for the Russians, I really enjoyed their game against the Iranians. Argentina must grab this win and I think they'll do it.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Looks like the Liths are setting a strong defense on Hadadi. He's getting double-teamed constantly.
HT: Iran 34 Lithuania 46

Excellent 2nd period for the Liths, they were able to double Iran's scoring and improved their defense. I'm liking Jasikevi?ius and Javtokas ( <!-- sOhmy -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ohmy.gif[/img]<!-- sOhmy --> <!-- sLaugh -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/laugh.gif[/img]<!-- sLaugh -->).
Good 1st period for Iran, their best so far in the tournament. They played their best basketball there. We also watched the best of Å aras, that's the real one, scoring, assisting, stealing and always running the floor.
Wow, low scoring game.
Congrats to Croats. I fully believed Russia would get this one, guess I'm underrating Croatia, but the truth is I didn't have the chance to watch them play yet.
I couldn't post here yesterday because Lithuania vs. Iran was at 4 AM and decided to watch the replay which was at 10 PM yesterday so I had to try hard not to know the score before the game.

Iran 67:99 Lithuania (20:15, 14:31, 19:28, 14:25)

Croatia 85:78 Russia (16:17, 26:19, 18:15, 25:27)

Argentina 85:68 Australia (23:11, 16:18, 24:17, 22:22)

We were sleepy in the first quarter and it was probably the main reason why it was so close. Javtokas couldn't defend against Hadadi. But from the second quarter everything was back to normal (Lithuania won it 31:14). It was an easy walk.

Croatia is in a good form and won another important game which I think secured them a place in the quarter-finals. Now it's up to them which of the top 4 places they will take. Russia must do something special to avoid USA or Spain i nthe quarter-finals if they make there.

Olympic champs are back on their way. They are the favourites for the 2nd place in the group and I think they will take their chance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Day 3: Group B TalkBasket 5 4,270 Aug 15, 2008, 7:49 pm
Last Post: Straight Faced
  Day 3: Group A TalkBasket 2 2,933 Aug 14, 2008, 12:35 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Day 2: Group B TalkBasket 4 3,613 Aug 13, 2008, 11:58 am
Last Post: chad
  Day 1: Group B TalkBasket 10 5,725 Aug 11, 2008, 6:18 pm
  Day 1: Group A TalkBasket 4 3,841 Aug 11, 2008, 4:06 pm