Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 3: Group A
Australia vs. Iran
Lithuania vs. Russia
Argentina vs. Croatia

Aussies must win this game and the opponent is certainly beatable. But if they underestimate Iran or lose motivation after previous losses, then we could see a shock.

Lithuania should defeat Russia because we have a better team. This won't be an easy game if we won't break Russian defense.

The third game is also interesting. If Croats win, they can fight for the first place in Group A. But I believe that Argentina's experience will bring them the win.
Of course LTU will win. Just because Russia won Eurobasket doesn`t mean that they are good team. Same like Greece won euro 2004 in football. I hate when everyone thinks that Russia are good team just because of that. They have 3 good players at best!!! So no chances for Russia in Olympics.
Australia 106:68 Iran
Lithuania 86:79 Russia

I was shouting, swearing and cheering during the game. Very close game. Lithuania fouled too much but I guess that was our tactic since Russians were poor from the line. Just when we got 10 point lead and it looked like we won't let this one go, Russia slowly got back in the game led by Holder and Kirilenko. Soon we were at the same situation as we were against Argentina. Saras was fouled out with 3 minutes to go when we were up by 5 (82:77). But the guys got together and played well the final minutes. I think we didn't use our advantages and that was one of the key reasons why we couldn't get a bigger lead.

Once again Siskauskas wasn't himself but at least not for the whole game. He looks very slow. Siska isn't the fastest player but he plays smart. This time he wasn't fast at all and didn't play very smart either. I still hope that he will find his game before it's too late. A win is a win and now we are very close to winning the group.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Day 3: Group B TalkBasket 5 4,234 Aug 15, 2008, 7:49 pm
Last Post: Straight Faced
  Day 2: Group B TalkBasket 4 3,586 Aug 13, 2008, 11:58 am
Last Post: chad
  Day 2: Group A TalkBasket 7 4,816 Aug 13, 2008, 10:33 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Day 1: Group B TalkBasket 10 5,672 Aug 11, 2008, 6:18 pm
  Day 1: Group A TalkBasket 4 3,805 Aug 11, 2008, 4:06 pm