Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belgium Ethias League
Telenet Oostende sign Tomas Van Den Spiegel to a four and a half year contract

Oostende made a great deal by bringing Van Den Spiegel back to Belgium. He was and he still is a good player. Defensively he's really good and he will also score his points in the paint. Oostende was lacking a real center since Ovcina left. Tomas will give them a very good player in the paint. It will help them in the fight for the domestic title and in the Eurochallenge. I'm from Belgium and Van Den Spiegel is one of the best players we have. He brings intencity to the game. He was a really good "sub" when he played at CSKA Moscow. He has a lot of experience and he played for some good clubs in Europe. I think he'll help Oostende a lot. I'm glad he's back in Belgium but I wouldn't have found it bad if he signed with another Euroleague club because he deserves to play for a Euroleague club. He's a very nice person and a very good player. I'll keep you guys up to date about his preformances. This weekend he could make his debut in the Belgium Cup against the Antwerp Giants.

http://www.bcoostende.be/
Quote:Telenet Oostende sign Tomas Van Den Spiegel to a four and a half year contract

Oostende made a great deal by bringing Van Den Spiegel back to Belgium. He was and he still is a good player. Defensively he's really good and he will also score his points in the paint. Oostende was lacking a real center since Ovcina left. Tomas will give them a very good player in the paint. It will help them in the fight for the domestic title and in the Eurochallenge. I'm from Belgium and Van Den Spiegel is one of the best players we have. He brings intencity to the game. He was a really good "sub" when he played at CSKA Moscow. He has a lot of experience and he played for some good clubs in Europe. I think he'll help Oostende a lot. I'm glad he's back in Belgium but I wouldn't have found it bad if he signed with another Euroleague club because he deserves to play for a Euroleague club. He's a very nice person and a very good player. I'll keep you guys up to date about his preformances. This weekend he could make his debut in the Belgium Cup against the Antwerp Giants.

http://www.bcoostende.be/

Maybe he should sign for Charleoi.But anyway it's good for Belgium basketball.
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Maybe he should sign for Charleoi.But anyway it's good for Belgium basketball.

Charleroi also really wanted him. But Van Den Spiegel wanted to come back "home". It's definitely good for Belgium basketball.

Maybe he can bring Oostende back to the time that they won titles and cups. I really hope that it will happen
Quote:Charleroi also really wanted him. But Van Den Spiegel wanted to come back "home". It's definitely good for Belgium basketball.

Maybe he can bring Oostende back to the time that they won titles and cups. I really hope that it will happen

Yeah yeah but Oostende won't pass EuroChallenge against Ventspils Rolleyes

However, it will be interesting to see him doing there.
Bench-Warmer.net - my new web blog! ||| lt.bench-warmer.net - lietuviška blog'o versija! ||| I'm on twitter
VDS is a great guy, he deserved a contract. Of course I doubt he will stay there for 5 years,
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:VDS is a great guy, he deserved a contract. Of course I doubt he will stay there for 5 years,

I think that he will leave if he get some match rhythm. I think that he could still help some EL teams with his defense and intensity off the bench. I think that he'll stay one season at Oostende. But maybe his family will keep him there
Quote:I think that he will leave if he get some match rhythm. I think that he could still help some EL teams with his defense and intensity off the bench. I think that he'll stay one season at Oostende. But maybe his family will keep him there

Why not help Belgian club to go in EL?? Wink Now it's two year since Belgian champion play in qualification for Euroleague. Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Why not help Belgian club to go in EL?? Wink Now it's two year since Belgian champion play in qualification for Euroleague. Thup

I think that he could definitely help them to go in EL. I believe that he'll help them a lot in the Eurochallenge and maybe he can help them win it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ethias League 2011/2012 Kenneth23 4 6,185 Aug 16, 2011, 2:40 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23
  Season in Belgium set to start with Supercup Black Urum 0 3,987 Sep 2, 2009, 4:14 pm
Last Post: Black Urum