GROUP C

TAU vs Joventut
Alba Berlin vs Olimpija
Fenerbahce vs Roma

GROUP D

Real Madrid vs Efes Pilsen
Panionios vs Milano
CSKA Moscow vs Partizan
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Avellino vs Cibona
Olympiacos vs Le Mans
Unicaja vs Maccabi Tel Aviv

GROUP B

Nancy vs Siena
Panathinaikos vs Prokom Sopot
Barcelona vs Žalgiris

GROUP C

TAU vs Joventut
Alba Berlin vs Olimpija
Fenerbahce vs Roma

GROUP D

Panionios vs Milano
CSKA Moscow vs Partizan
only 3 interesting games this week :

Unicaja - Maccabi (I will never bet against Maccabi especially when Pini is there)

Madrid - Efes

CSKA - Partizan
Hey Guy, you should bet on all 12 games and join our competition. Whoever guesses the most correct by the end of the season wins a prize. We only started recently and the next rounds are worth more points so you still have a shot at winning if you join now!
GROUP A

Avellino vs Cibona
Olympiacos vs Le Mans

GROUP B

Nancy vs Siena
Barcelona vs Žalgiris

GROUP C

TAU vs Joventut
Alba Berlin vs Olimpija
Fenerbahce vs Roma

GROUP D

Panionios vs Milano
CSKA Moscow vs Partizan
GROUP A

Avellino vs Cibona
Olympiacos vs Le Mans

GROUP B

Nancy vs Siena
Barcelona vs Žalgiris

GROUP C

TAU vs Joventut
Alba Berlin vs Olimpija
Fenerbahce vs Roma

GROUP D

Panionios vs Milano
CSKA Moscow vs Partizan
Partizan beat CSKA 66-63 and advanced over Efes, who lost to Real. So far:

GuyOFK 5
rikhardur 4
kobimel 4
Vilius 4
Olympiacos managed to lose to Le Mans...at home! Maccabi missed out on a great opportunity, but Unicaja were clearly the better team. They might just contend for the Final Four this season.

Another surprise: Alba lost to Olimpija at home and still advanced over Joventut, who lost to Tau.

I updated the Predictions Competition thread with today's results.
I watched Unicaja vs. Maccabi. Aito is a great coach no doubt. Maccabi had almost no chanes. Arroyo's speed is notable on the court but he ended up receiving a block several times. D'or Fischer seemed to be unconfident to me. Williams and Simmons seem to be not the best signings so far.

As for Unicaja they showed that it could bea great season for them.
i am af fan if olympiakos and i feel embarrased for losing to LE MANS...

however i think we will be first in our top 16 group and consequently proceed to the final 4 because of the home advantage in the quarterfinals..
Few words about Maccabi:

for me it's seems like the team reached it's limit, thats Maccabi for this season, a mid level team that can play only one type of basketball, that can beat any team if it is possible to force it upon the opponent.

and some about Oly:

there is no doubt Gianakis is a great coach with many achievments, but Oly's roster isn't selling all it can. Gianakis tacticts pulls out the sting from his team and playres and no matter how mcuh money will be invested in Oly, as long as coach G is there no mircle will acure.

Kobi, will I get a bonus if I'll can name the EL finalist today?
MVP: Oguz Savas (Fenerbahce):

27 pts (6/8 FG, 1/2 3pt 12/15 FT)
9 rebounds
3 assists
1 block
(34 minutes on court)
Quote:Few words about Maccabi:

for me it's seems like the team reached it's limit, thats Maccabi for this season, a mid level team that can play only one type of basketball, that can beat any team if it is possible to force it upon the opponent.

and some about Oly:

there is no doubt Gianakis is a great coach with many achievments, but Oly's roster isn't selling all it can. Gianakis tacticts pulls out the sting from his team and playres and no matter how mcuh money will be invested in Oly, as long as coach G is there no mircle will acure.

the real problem with olympiakos is the lack of chemistry which is due to the frequent changes og the roster. for example last summer half tha roster changed and as a result the team needs some time to work as it should..
Welcome to the forum Jimmy! This a friendly place so I hope you like and will continue posting.

Back on topic. Nice analysis guys. I agree with jimmy that Oly is changing too many players each year. And they have a defensive minded coach with offensive players. That's not the best composition of the team.

What about Panathinaikos? They had many new players last year and their underperformances were written down to that. However this year the team is struggling again. Who is to blame? Obradovic? Players? Of course there is a possibility that the team will find their best form in the crucial games.
My opinion about PAO. PAO and coach Obradovich is growing an increasing mutual dependency which might led the club into a great catastrophe. Unless PAO will try to define a new identity, roster wise or coach wise I honestly believe that the club will continue to underachieve it's goals. The great mutual dependency of PAO and coach Obradovich will only get bigger and will only make both sides life harder when the farewell will occur.
Quote:
Quote:Few words about Maccabi:

and some about Oly:

the real problem with olympiakos is the lack of chemistry which is due to the frequent changes og the roster. for example last summer half tha roster changed and as a result the team needs some time to work as it should..

I think the greatest mistake made by Oly is the dismissal of coach Gershon. Sure there were some hard times of pini and the team, but honestly days of coach Gershon days in the club were the days when PAO was most threatened. If we will look back past unless DDD one in a lifetime block shot on Acker and unbelievable stupidity by Oly playres while they were leading by 6 or eight in one game durning the playoffs with less than a minute to the end of the game and actualy gave the game for PAO and , Oly would have been Greece champ. Gianakis with batter team with more budge till now couldn't tingle PAO even not a bit even though that this days PAO is not in it's best shape while gershon had to face the great PAO who own the EL cup. Bottom line Oly's problem is not in it's roster changes, after all Bourousis, Greer, Vasilopoulos , Printezis, Teodosic, Schortsanitis are there for more than one season, Oly's problem is the less of patience of it's owners to the one coach who looked at PAO and might have thrown their crown.
Sorry Guy, there's no bonus currently for picking EL finalists. However, we're now in the Top 16 stage and each game is worth more points. If you do well, you'll catch up!
Zeljko Obradovic freaks out after a 75-53 win against Asseco Prokom Laugh

Hilarious Laugh And what's that woman doing next to him? Laugh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 177 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 373 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am