Poll: Who will go to the Final 4?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Panathinaikos Athens
76.92%
10 76.92%
Maccabi Tel Aviv
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QF: 3 - Panathinaikos Athens VS Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:Thanks! I visit this forum all the time and now I decided to be a part of it! Glad to be here!

Then you have seen that we are very few regular members.

I hope you'll become one of us! Wink
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Congrats to PAO fans Biggrin

PAO was brilliant in every peace of the game Thup Thup

I suppose that Macabi comes to end.And Maccabi is only team who is in quarter-final from group where was Partizan.So much of the group of death Baby
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
A very mature PAO that showed Maccabi how basketball is played. If Maccabi continues like this, they won't be able to manage a win at Nokia Arena either.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
After overtime, PAO, having played significantly worse than the first game loses to Maccabi in OAKA 92-94. Now there is going to be a real drama of a series in Nokia Arena. Maccabi has a theoretical advantage now, but this must be proved on the court. There will be blood Tongue
I was in OAKA tonight! The game was great, but unfortunately Panathinaikos lost to Maccabi. It is hard for me to understand how PAO lost a game in which he made 7 3p more than Maccaci (14-7) and also had 11 more assists (23-12). I have to say that Maccabi's guard Ohayon played excellent tonight, the game of his life (so far)! In my opinion at the end of overtime the referees refuse to call a clear foul to Saras, but this can't be an excuse for my team PAO!

PS. Unbelievable crowd tonight! (Not as it was against Barca last year, but I hope that in the last game here, we will turn OAKA in real Green HELL)
Quote:I was in OAKA tonight! The game was great, but unfortunately Panathinaikos lost to Maccabi. It is hard for me to understand how PAO lost a game in which he made 7 3p more than Maccaci (14-7) and also had 11 more assists (23-12). I have to say that Maccabi's guard Ohayon played excellent tonight, the game of his life (so far)! In my opinion at the end of overtime the referees refuse to call a clear foul to Saras, but this can't be an excuse for my team PAO!

PS. Unbelievable crowd tonight! (Not as it was against Barca last year, but I hope that in the last game here, we will turn OAKA in real Green HELL)

I was in too!!

True, no way it can be compared with last year's playoff atmosphere in OAKA.

Well, it's simple.

When we had a 2 or 3(I don't remember well) points lead in OT and he had the ball too, we shouldn't give the ball to Kaimakoglou in the post.

We should finish it right there with DD, Saras or Batiste.

The thing is that Blu's 3's killed us.

We definitely have to win the first game in Nokia Arena. If we lose the first, it'll difficult.

Damn, I'm so sad. Sad
if anybody finds game 2 on youtube or a link to download it please post it here.
MACCABI PLAY ITS BEST GAME YESTERDAY.blatt risked a lot with the 3's on his defense but protect the paint.i can see how maccabi will win both games at nokia arena.Panathinaikos is better team but you never now..great prformance by blou. he show his guts for one more time
Quote:I was in too!!

True, no way it can be compared with last year's playoff atmosphere in OAKA.

Well, it's simple.

When we had a 2 or 3(I don't remember well) points lead in OT and he had the ball too, we shouldn't give the ball to Kaimakoglou in the post.

We should finish it right there with DD, Saras or Batiste.

The thing is that Blu's 3's killed us.

We definitely have to win the first game in Nokia Arena. If we lose the first, it'll difficult.

Damn, I'm so sad. Sad

Don't be sad. the truth is pao has more chances to win the 2 nokia arena games than maccabi.
The best match-up will be played at least two times.But after tonight game we will be close to five match Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Don't be sad. the truth is pao has more chances to win the 2 nokia arena games than maccabi.

I'd be very confident since PAO is playing a hell lot better away but Maccabi plays much better at home.

I think the first game in Israel is the key for PAO. If we lose it, there will be alot of pressure.

Although, we are as experienced as hell in such situations, it was years ago we were behind in a series 1-2(in a best of 3 series).

I have faith in Obradovicand our players anyway! Thup

But you know what I'm thinking all the time?! I'm thinking about Diamantidis' last 3 pointer. I mean, he's big time and I expected from him to make it. If it was someone else I wouldn't think about it right now.
Nothing over yet.

Pao and Obradovic have a lot of proud to fight in Nokia, so Maccabi need lod of cool, to use the home advantage to pass Pao.
pao remains clearly the favorite to get the series. i don't think maccabi can win both in nokia arena.
thanks Teo. Smile
^^^Not a problem! Cool
Quote:pao remains clearly the favorite to get the series. i don't think maccabi can win both in nokia arena.

I think tonight's game is key. If Maccabi wins tonight, I doubt they will lose Game 4 as they will have psychological advantage. If PAO wins, they can play in Game 4 with no stress and know that the matchup will be decided back in OAKA at worse case scenario.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Diamantidis should punch Calathes in the face. Angry

Calathes wanted to be the fucking hero.

I blame Diamantidis too though because he shouldn't attempt a drive losing by 3 and with some seconds left.

f*ck. Angry
Quote:Diamantidis should punch Calathes in the face. Angry

Calathes wanted to be the fucking hero.

I blame Diamantidis too though because he shouldn't attempt a drive losing by 3 and with some seconds left.

f*ck. Angry

Calathes didn't have much choice, he was open and with 2 seconds remaining he could only shoot. He had to take the shot. But it is his fault that he can't shoot. And yes, Diamantidis should take the shot himself instead of passing.

Maccabi are the favourites now, they are 2-1, playing at home, less stress than PAO. Reminds me of Barca-PAO series last season, very similar results too. Also this matchup is the best, as predicted. If you exclude the first blowout result, the rest games are thrillers, worthy of the legend of both teams.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Disappointing for PAO to lose, but Maccabi was better, even if P.AO managed to eat away MTA's lead. And yes, Calathis should learn to shoot the ball, he can't be playing at the level at he is and not be able to nail (or at least look very close to doing so) a three pointer. He was actually a better shooter in his college days. Still, I think PAO has its back against the wall and Maccabi should be very wary of this. PAO can still win game 4, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nunnally stepping up into leadership role for Maccabi EuroLeague News 0 300 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Round 1 MVP: Scottie Wilbekin, Maccabi Playtika Tel Aviv EuroLeague News 0 297 Oct 8, 2021, 8:31 am
  Wilbekin, Maccabi feed off sold-out crowd for thrilling win EuroLeague News 0 305 Oct 6, 2021, 10:44 am
  EuroLeague preseason: Efes, Panathinaikos to meet in tourney final EuroLeague News 0 317 Sep 22, 2021, 4:44 am
  Maccabi, last team on Tuesday Media Day EuroLeague News 0 309 Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 pm