Poll: Who will go to the Final 4?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Panathinaikos Athens
76.92%
10 76.92%
Maccabi Tel Aviv
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QF: 3 - Panathinaikos Athens VS Maccabi Tel Aviv
Quote:Calathes didn't have much choice, he was open and with 2 seconds remaining he could only shoot. He had to take the shot. But it is his fault that he can't shoot. And yes, Diamantidis should take the shot himself instead of passing.

Maccabi are the favourites now, they are 2-1, playing at home, less stress than PAO. Reminds me of Barca-PAO series last season, very similar results too. Also this matchup is the best, as predicted. If you exclude the first blowout result, the rest games are thrillers, worthy of the legend of both teams.

I watched the last play again and I saw that when Diamantidis passed the ball to Calathes there were about 5 seconds left. Angry
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
I'm gonna watch the game tonight! finally I get to watch a game in this series the way it should be watched Smile

I think we're gonna see a great game tonight, hopefully we will complete the mission and make it to the final four, if we do I will (once again) salute David Blatt, in a season like that (already played about 70 games, closer to 80 if you include preparation games) getting as far as we did this season is just amazing. even if we end up not qualifying I will think Blatt has done an amazing job with so many difficulties like the NBA-like schedule, Farmar's departure, the whole Pargo issue, Sofo's knee that basically made him half the player he was last season and despite all that we're one step away from the final four.. Blatt has definitely justified his contract renewal, now let's just hope we make it a done deal tonight.

Now a few words about Ohayon- Blatt decided to trust him and I admit, even though I did think he has a potential to be a good role player I didn't think he would become that good, especially so early in his Euroleague career. from a bench player in Hapoel he became Obradovic's biggest worry, making his 2 best games against the Euroleague champs in the money time of the season. it makes me proud to see him doing so well.
Back to OAKA I guess.. it's a shame, we missed a great opportunity, in Greece Pao will be strong favorites again. I just don't understand what Ohayon was doing on the bench for the last 5-6 minutes..

It's still possible but unlikely to happen.
Great win for us BUT if we play like that in OAKA, we'll be in trouble.

We have to raise our game.
Panathinaikos takes series back to Athens
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

It's now proved that this series between PAO and Maccabi are true classic Thup And Obradovic simply the best coach Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
So PAO got through 86-85. Very pressured game, PAO had very big waiverings of performance, and right at the end of the game PAO almost threw away all that was built, but at the same time Maccabi had some great systems and skill to break down PAO's defence. Shit hot shooting too. I'd say that PAO only managed to get through with getting lucky. All those missed free throws, 4-5 in a row are not allowed for a team of the level that PAO is.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Yeaaah!!!

Congratulations to my team and to Maccabi who almost caused me a heart-attack.

Diamantidis... you're the man!!! 26 points with 34 ranking!!! Thup

And now... FINAL FOUR!!!
As a FB fan , i can say easily the referees can't call the foul on diamantidis twice.. 1) He fouled to Ohayon.. 2) At the Last position He fouled to Burstein.. But unfortunately at the europe Greek and Spanish lobbies are pressuring on referees.. Anyway , Congratulations to PAO.. But Maccabi is just big team in european basketball.. they're fighting very well without star players..
Quote:As a FB fan , i can say easily the referees can't call the foul on diamantidis twice.. 1) He fouled to Ohayon.. 2) At the Last position He fouled to Burstein.. But unfortunately at the europe Greek and Spanish lobbies are pressuring on referees.. Anyway , Congratulations to PAO.. But Maccabi is just big team in european basketball.. they're fighting very well without star players..

So, Diamantidis fouled Burstein and Saras wasn't fouled in the last play of game 2??

Is that what are you saying?!

And what do you mean as a FB fan??? It's very common for Turks not to like Greeks.

I can say that as a FB fan you're not objective.
^ Although after the latest fracas between the Turks and Israelis with the floatilla, I wouldn't think the Turks think much of the Israelis either Tongue
Quote:^ Although after the latest fracas between the Turks and Israelis with the floatilla, I wouldn't think the Turks think much of the Israelis either Tongue

Yeah, I agree but still many Turks don't hate anyone like the Greeks and vice versa of course.
Congratulations to Panathinaikos for making their 11th Final Four in last 19 years, 8th Final Four since 2000 and 5th Final Four since 2005.

Also congratulations to Maccabi who is the most worthy opponent of Panathinaikos in the past 15 years in the European basketball and games between these two teams are instant classics.

As for the refs, thats what home advantage is all about, there is no ref in Europe who would give foul to a team in such a case.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Congratulations to PAO. It was an amazing performace by both teams. One of the best quarterfinals of all time! DD shown why he is among the best Euroleague players in the history! Let's hope PAO will destroy CSKA in the semis. Thup
Congrats to PAO fans and for Obradovic he is already legend Cool Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Best series in Euroleague history, no doubt. I didn't see many NBA playoffs series that can compete with it too, it was just pure fun to see, if I wasn't a Maccabi fan I'd probably enjoy it a bit more.. but despite the loss, as a basketball fan I just want to thank both teams for a series I will never forget. no need to talk about the refs, it was an emotional game in an emotional series, you can't expect great refereeing in a game like that or in a series like that.

Congrats to Pao fans, and respect for the great atmosphere in OAKA and of course good luck in the FF.

And to summarize the season in a few sentences I just want to say I'm proud of the team and proud of our coach, so many things went wrong, the management killed Blatt with things like Farmar and the 3 leagues,Pargo ditched, Scheyer disappointed, Sofo got injured (and is still not ok), instead of a real replacement for Farmar he got a cheap joke like Mallet that only fits small teams but he did a lot with it, we got one step away from final four and we fought till the last second, being close to beat the champs with no home advantage against the MVP and probably the best coach in Europe's history. not bad considering the circumstances, not great but not bad.
Personally, last year's series of PAO vs. Barcelona were the most awesome for me Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nunnally stepping up into leadership role for Maccabi EuroLeague News 0 300 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Round 1 MVP: Scottie Wilbekin, Maccabi Playtika Tel Aviv EuroLeague News 0 296 Oct 8, 2021, 8:31 am
  Wilbekin, Maccabi feed off sold-out crowd for thrilling win EuroLeague News 0 304 Oct 6, 2021, 10:44 am
  EuroLeague preseason: Efes, Panathinaikos to meet in tourney final EuroLeague News 0 315 Sep 22, 2021, 4:44 am
  Maccabi, last team on Tuesday Media Day EuroLeague News 0 308 Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 pm