Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nesterovic to Europe?
Quote:Radoslav Nesterovic(2.13-C) gave an interview to slovenian media site RTV, and one of the questions that he was asked was whether he would like to return to Europe or continue in the NBA. The slovenian veteran said that at this stage in his career and with his contract having expired any opportunity is up for grabs.

Nesterovic said that the new contracts in the NBA will be signed from July 1st onwards and he is open to all suggestions. Nesterovic also has a greek passport, with the surname Makris from the days he was playing in Paok. Unfortunately for Paok he left shortly after he acquired the passport. This prospect means that he could play for greek powerhouses Olympiakos or Panathinaikos without occupying the position of a bosman player. This season he averaged 6.8 points and 3.4 rebounds in 70 games for Indiana and he is also a member of the Slovenia National Team.

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/05/nest...ay-in.html

Interesting...I wonder how much money he's going to demand? Looks like Greece is his best option. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with Olympiacos next season, especially is Bourousis ends up leaving.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best paid players in Europe TalkBasket 1 4,364 Oct 2, 2023, 7:52 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  On This Day, 2014: Maccabi is again champion of Europe EuroLeague News 0 795 May 22, 2020, 1:43 pm
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  20 Years Rewind: Reds shock Europe with Istanbul miracle, 2012 EuroLeague News 0 811 Apr 27, 2020, 5:11 am
  They said it: 'He is the best player in Europe' EuroLeague News 0 863 Jan 29, 2020, 4:30 pm
  James Nunnally: “I can help Armani Milano return to the top of Europe” TB News 0 856 Feb 1, 2019, 11:00 pm
Last Post: TB News