Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Summer signings and rumours
New season coming, new thread started.

Antanas Kavaliauskas from Greek side Kavala is linked with Lietuvos Rytas.
Quote:Messina candidate for Sacramento?

With a handful of head coaching vacancies still up for grabs, the best playcaller outside North America isn't sitting by the phone. But if it rings, then he'll gladly take the call. Ettore Messina has won every honour imaginable in European club basketball, as well as coaching his native Italy to a European Championship final. His offensive schemes have long been the subject of admiration on both sides of the Atlantic. Having accomplished so much, there is only one avenue left to conquer.Messina, who recently took CSKA Moscow to the Euroleague final, is still regarded as a left-field contender for the Sacramento Kings post after being previously linked with New Jersey before Lawrence Frank held down his job. With the myth of Europe's players not being good enough for the NBA now firmly dispelled, surely the next step is for a coach to make the leap?

"It's not that I should consider the NBA," the 49-year-old Sicilian declared. "It's that they should consider me. It would, for sure, be an interesting challenge and experience but it is not something I can control. Unfortunately nothing comes of it. You read the press, you enjoy the gossip because in this job, good press is important."Messina has some experience within the NBA system, having previously taken charge of Denver's summer league team. Yet even with his impeccable credentials, the varying nature – and rules – of Europe and the NBA would require an adjustment.

"It would be tough, certainly," he said. "You would need time. You would need very good assistants. You would need a franchise who would be behind you and who would understand you might start off losing because it is a different environment and a different game."

Website
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Official: Chuck Eidson in Maccabi for 2 seasons.

Wisi and Anderson will anounce during the next week.

D. Lavrinovic or Tomic and Jankunas the main to the inside players.
LA Clippers want to try out Big Sofo in the summer training camp.

Josh Childress says he will reconsider going back to the NBA.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Official: Chuck Eidson in Maccabi for 2 seasons.

Wisi and Anderson will anounce during the next week.

D. Lavrinovic or Tomic and Jankunas the main to the inside players.

If Maccabi get Lavrinovic they'll be a favorite to win the Euroleague again. They're building quite the team, even if Eliyahu leaves. Instead of going just for random NBA players they're finally focusing on proven Euroleague players. Good for them, bad for the rest of the league.
Quote:If Maccabi get Lavrinovic they'll be a favorite to win the Euroleague again. They're building quite the team, even if Eliyahu leaves. Instead of going just for random NBA players they're finally focusing on proven Euroleague players. Good for them, bad for the rest of the league.

Aren't you overestimating Maccabi? Do you think that two players (Eidson, Lavrinovic) will make so much difference that Maccabi will be Euroleague favourite over CSKA, PAO, Barcelona, even if Eliyahu leaves?

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Wisinewsky signed, too...

Andersom will sign during rhe week.
So what we got with Maccabi?

PG's: Wisi', Mekel
SG's: Limonad, Sharp
SF's: Pnini, Eidson, Caspi?
PF's: Eliyahu?, someone else
C's: Fischer, Green, someone else
Quote:So what we got with Maccabi?

PG's: Wisi', Mekel
SG's: Limonad, Sharp
SF's: Pnini, Eidson, Caspi?
PF's: Eliyahu?, someone else
C's: Fischer, Green, someone else

U forgot Anderson...
Quote:Aren't you overestimating Maccabi? Do you think that two players (Eidson, Lavrinovic) will make so much difference that Maccabi will be Euroleague favourite over CSKA, PAO, Barcelona, even if Eliyahu leaves?

Eidson and Lavrninovic are two excellent players, and proven in Europe. I never said Maccabi would be THE favorite, I said they'd be A favorite, meaning that they'll be good enough to reach the Final Four and contend. That doesn't mean they'd neccesarily be good enough to win it all. Believe me, as a big critic of Maccabi, I don't want them to be so good...however, they're building a great team. And knowing Maccabi, they're not close to being done yet. Expect an Israeli or two to join as well and maybe a couple more Euros/Americans.
Spahija confirms Tepic for Panathinaikos

According to krepsinis.net, head coach of Valencia, Neven Spahija let it slip out, that Milenko Tepic(2.02-PG/SG/SF) will be playing for Panathinaikos next season. This actually makes Tepic's wish come true according to some previous statements he made.

Spahija said that Tepic's contract is too high for Valencia to pay, as he enquired about the player himself. He said that Tepic will be earning one million dollars per season when he signs his contract with Panathinaikos. The young serbian is one of the most talented players in Europe at his age and he shone this season as a player of Partizan. He averaged 9.7 points 3.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 19 games in the Euroleague.

If Obradovic continue like this, he will buy whole Partizan
Quote:If Obradovic continue like this, he will buy whole Partizan

Well at least the players will be in good hands. I'd rather see a starlet going to PAO and be under Obradovic's orders than to any other club where the coach can easily bench a player and not develope him. And the Serbian connection is also very important imo, Tepic or any other will feel more at ease.

But I see what you mean, it's the tragedy of economically smaller clubs.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Quote:If Obradovic continue like this, he will buy whole Partizan

Nor all man, just the best of the best Smile

And we will give you Kecman back. And we will be scouting Velickovic and Lasme for the future Tongue

By the way, Panathinaikos signed Nick Calathes, the so called 'Greek Sarunas Jasikevicius'.

Quote:And we will be scouting Velickovic and Lasme for the future

Lasme sayed he love the club and he dont want money.He want to pley for love, and he want to exstend the contract Wink
Quote:Lasme sayed he love the club and he dont want money.He want to pley for love, and he want to exstend the contract Wink

I don't doubt what you say but maybe your board loves money more than Lasme and can't refuse an offer Rolleyes

I don't know this user or ACB Forum, but can someone confirms?

http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?t=298974&start=4065
Quote:I don't know this user or ACB Forum, but can someone confirms?

http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?t=298974&start=4065

You mean Pops Mensah-Bonsu signing a contract with Maccabi? I can't confirm that but there were rumours about that for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true.
Quote:You mean Pops Mensah-Bonsu signing a contract with Maccabi? I can't confirm that but there were rumours about that for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Yes. I mean about Pops... Nothing here in israel.
According to Greek media Jeremiah Massey is also a target of Maccabi Smile
Quote:According to Greek media Jeremiah Massey is also a target of Maccabi Smile

Isn't he return to Aris?
Any link, plz?

Maccabi want 4+5 players, so it is not out of common sense...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Fantasy Challenge: Two major signings EuroLeague News 0 287 Oct 26, 2021, 8:59 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague signings: Happy returns EuroLeague News 0 334 Sep 28, 2021, 8:22 am
  EuroLeague signings: Perimeter players EuroLeague News 0 316 Sep 25, 2021, 10:18 am
  EuroLeague signings: We meet again EuroLeague News 0 299 Sep 10, 2021, 4:51 am