Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maccabi Heat Haifa
The finalist deserves for own thread. Agree

The first name is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pro...erId=11887

just an intersting on him...
Quote:SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Jeremy Tyler's jump from high school to an overseas professional basketball league is progressing to the point that his agent is negotiating with a team in Haifa, Israel. The 6-foot-11, 260-pound Tyler announced in late April that he was skipping his senior season at San Diego High to play overseas. He had hoped to be able to make a decision by Friday, his 18th birthday.

"We're pretty close," said Sonny Vaccaro, the former shoe company executive who is advising Tyler and his family. "There's no hurry. They don't start playing until next December. He's in good shape. We know we have something." Tyler would become the first American-born player to leave high school early to play professionally overseas. When he's eligible for the NBA draft in 2011, some see him as a potential No. 1 pick overall.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/bask...r.ap/index.html

Tyler could be an interesting addition to Haifa. I personally don't think he'll make much of an impact, but who knows. The problem for Haifa is that they need to develop him knowing that he's leaving in one or two years anyway.
The only advantage I see for Haifa in this case is media attention. They should use it to attract more sponsors and get a bigger budget. Having a player just for one or two years knowing that all he wants is to go to NBA does not add much to the team. But as I said it could be good for marketing purposes.
That's true Vilius. Whichever team signs him is sure to receive tons of international media attention, plus scouts from all over the NBA coming to see him.
It's a risky situation to have so many scouts in Haifa. Think on the possibilty of Haifa puting their hands on a realy good and cheap player, the moment scouts will see him at the end of the season he'll get snatched to some other team and Haifa with it's limited budget won't be able to aford hi, any more.
(Jun 19, 2009, 4:34 pm)GuyOFK Wrote: It's a risky situation to have so many scouts in Haifa. Think on the possibilty of Haifa puting their hands on a realy good and cheap player, the moment scouts will see him at the end of the season he'll get snatched to some other team and Haifa with it's limited budget won't be able to aford hi, any more.

Any player who plays well attracts the interest of bigger clubs anyway. Plus player's agent will do everything to get a better contract for his client. And besides the interest from the scouts will be focused on Tyler. It will come to an end once he leaves Haifa.

Partizan is having sell outs every summer and still reach Euroleague playoffs. If you can't keep the players then you should find a away to earn by selling them. Simple as that.
I think that Haifa really seeking this media attention, Haifa worked hard last year on publishing her website and merchandise and Haifa owner (Jeff Rozen) has the right's on online broadcasting of the Israeli league to USA. last year Haifa foucosed on Israeli's and jew's in USA and I think they will try to expand the market to the rest of the American population.
Can someone give me an overview of the Haifa players per position? Thx
(Aug 13, 2009, 12:42 pm)Belzebub Wrote: Can someone give me an overview of the Haifa players per position? Thx

PLS:

PG: Hajaj and Ben-David
SG: Rich and Golden
SF: Fellot-Rosa, Mizrachi and Iziek.
PF: Jeferson and Kuzikaro.
C: Teyler and Strong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Maccabi Tel-Aviv Thread TalkBasket 0 2,089 Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2014/2015 TalkBasket 3 7,352 Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket