Poll: ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Olympiacos
0%
0 0%
Maccabi
0%
0 0%
Tau
0%
0 0%
CSKA
0%
0 0%
Panathinaikos
0%
0 0%
Montepaschi
0%
0 0%
Real Madrid
0%
0 0%
Barcelona
0%
0 0%
Zalgiris
0%
0 0%
Unicaja
0%
0 0%
Other (post which team)
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Team Will Make the Most Changes?
Lots of rumors are flying around so far this offseason. The big question is which rumors are true? Which teams will make the most moves and change their roster the most in anticipation of the 09/10 season?
After tonight, Olympiacos.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:After tonight, Olympiacos.

That's actually what kills them every season. They need some stability and be able to compete with a somewhat constant roster for a couple of seasons. But then the quality of the choices takes place.

I think it'll be Maccabi.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
I think that Zalgiris, because they have new sponsor, and really much ambitious...
My pick is Maccabi. They are looking to rebuild their team and they already signed three players - Eidson, Anderson and Wisniewski. More are rumoured to sign. So that's at least 5 new players and that's a lot in a 12-men roster.

I am not so sure about Zalgiris. Their primary objective is to keep current squad and add some new players. Their ambitions are not clear either. All we hear is that they want to build on a young team. If that's so then we can expect 2-3 more experienced players to join and maybe Motiejunas would sign too. In that case Zalgiris will not have more new players than Maccabi.
I too think Maccabi will make the most changes. They always have an extremely busy offseason transfer-wise. After their failure to get out of the Top 16 this season and their elimination in the 1/8th finals of the Israeli Cup, there are definitely going to be a lot of changes made.

However, Olympiacos didn't do as well as expected this season after their busy summer, and after losing so badly to Pao they may be determined to buy buy buy again (it'll be tougher this time in today's economy, though). With Messina leaving, CSKA could make some roster changes as well to accommodate the new coach. Zalgiris are rebuilding from their weak season in the Euroleague, so I expect changes from them as you said Vilius.
Real is a strong candidate if they eventually sign messina and if he's given the rumored huge budget. From what i've been reading oly will try to keep their core. Maccabi is also a candidate to make the most changes.
Schwach wie flasche leer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Team effort started, James finished the job for Monaco EuroLeague News 0 404 Nov 4, 2021, 8:55 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Maccabi, last team on Tuesday Media Day EuroLeague News 0 309 Sep 17, 2021, 1:43 pm
  All-EuroLeague Second Team unveiled EuroLeague News 0 296 May 27, 2021, 5:14 pm
  Kevin Pangos is voted to All-EuroLeague First Team EuroLeague News 0 358 May 27, 2021, 3:17 am
  Efes's Micic reaches All-EuroLeague First Team! EuroLeague News 0 363 May 26, 2021, 7:06 am