Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009/10 Euroleague participants
Maybe I missed something but is it possible for a team from a country which has a place in the qualifying rounds only to move to the groups stage and replace a team from other country in there. For example if Belgian team reaches group stage and does well for two years, will the Belgian champion have to play in qualifying rounds despite that?
[quote name='Vilius' date='26 June 2009 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1246053356' post='17488']

Maybe I missed something but is it possible for a team from a country which has a place in the qualifying rounds only to move to the groups stage and replace a team from other country in there. For example if Belgian team reaches group stage and does well for two years, will the Belgian champion have to play in qualifying rounds despite that?

[/quote]

Yes. The league rankings don't change until 3 years from now, when they are to be updated.
Serbian media are talking about possibility for Hemofarm to play in Euro league qualifications this year!!!

Center of the story is Azovmash, and their financial problems. According to some sources, if they don’t pay some guaranties today, or tomorrow, Hemofarm will receive that invitation?

Does anybody know something about that?
I haven't heard anything about that but if it is true then that's decent news for Serbian basketball. Hemofarm will probably try to form a competitive team if they get the invitation.
[quote name='Vilius' date='27 June 2009 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1246053356' post='17488']

[/quote]

I'm trying to send U a PM... does't work....
[quote name='Roy M' date='30 June 2009 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1246355298' post='17593']

I'm trying to send U a PM... does't work....

[/quote]

I sent a PM to you in order to see what's wrong. It could be a problem with your browser.
[quote name='Vilius' date='30 June 2009 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1246354906' post='17591']

I haven't heard anything about that but if it is true then that's decent news for Serbian basketball. Hemofarm will probably try to form a competitive team if they get the invitation.

[/quote]

Hemafarm have enough money for EL, but now I heard that they are talking about Aris, for that invitation !?
Aris already received an invitation to go to the Euroleague draw on July 8.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

[quote name='Black Urum' date='30 June 2009 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1246368457' post='17600']

[/quote]

Could you delete some messages from your inbox because I am unable to send you a PM.
[quote name='Black Urum' date='30 June 2009 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1246368457' post='17600']

[/quote]

and announced it in their website
Schwach wie flasche leer
[quote name='Vilius' date='30 June 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1246368926' post='17601']

Could you delete some messages from your inbox because I am unable to send you a PM.

[/quote]

I only had 1 msg but deleted it anyway...
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Spain 4 teams

Italy 4 teams

Greece 4 teams

France 3 teams

Adriatic Region 3 teams

Baltic Region 3 teams

Euroleague is clearly trying to focus the league on these regions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 177 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 373 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am