Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messina Speaks
Quote:Ettore Messina explains how will he make his decision, when it comes to the next step in his career. It is taken from his blog on sports.ru.

My personal decision won’t be easy for many reasons. It’s a mixture of feelings. First of all, after four years here, during this season, I felt many times that maybe the team needs a different voice to push them, to help them, to lead them. Maybe the team needs some fresh energy that maybe I won’t be able to provide.

The second thing is that, even though my family and myself had very good time in Moscow, it’s not so easy to stay far away from home for a long time. We have to consider this, even if I don’t want it to be the prominent factor.

Third, I was happy when I came to CSKA because I knew I had a chance to compete for the Euroleague title. I left Italy, together with my family, for the first time in our life, because my wife agreed that it was a good thing for me to pursue this dream to try to win Euroleague again. Obviously, I need to know the goals of the club for the next season to make an informed decision.

This is how I feel and I’m trying to be straight and honest with you, as I always did. It’s not one factor that would be decisive, but a combination of the three things. I also have discussed this with Andrei Vatutin.

[url="http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/06/messina-explains-his-decision.html"]http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2009/06/messin...s-decision.html[/url]
So it seems that he will be leaving. This will probably be a hot summer in the coach transfer market: Plaza is probably leaving Real that are interested in Reneses, Barcelona could fire Pascual to get Messina, Scariolo and Blatt are also more or less in the market, Benetton and Virtus are also looking for coaches, Olympiakos would also go after Messina if he's available. If i had to take a wild guess i would say messina could even end up in italy since he said he misses home. Though the budgets and goals of Real, Barca and Olympiakos fit him better
Schwach wie flasche leer
So basically Messina is saying

"Make me a fucking great offer than I can't even consider to refuse" (Godfather anyone?)

"While making sure I got all the tools (money wise) in my hands to maintain CSKA on the top or I'm out of here"

Nontheless, if he decides to leaveI would like to see what he is capable of doing in Real Madrid. With Perez back in the presidency and the cash flowing freely I think this is the chance for Real Madrid to return to the elite.

I would consider it unfair for Pasquale to be fired just to let Messina in because Barcelona is playing wonderful basketball and this is great for a coach that is a head coach for the 1st time in his life.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legend Messina takes reins in Milan EuroLeague News 0 975 Jun 16, 2019, 2:26 pm
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Ettore Messina: “Luka Doncic is phenomenal” TB News 0 1,011 Sep 9, 2018, 6:49 pm
Last Post: TB News
  Messina quits from Real! Roy M 24 12,458 Mar 22, 2011, 7:37 pm
Last Post: stefans
  Ettore Messina: "you need bigger balls to stop, than to continue" Black Urum 1 1,965 Jun 19, 2009, 12:38 pm
Last Post: GuyOFK