Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About
[Image: partnership.jpg]

My name is Simon, welcome to the in the game subforum.

In the game and Talkbasket have agreed to a partnership, which I'm really proud of, and the inclusion of a new subforum into the Talkbasket forum is one of the features.

In case you have never been to my site, you haven't missed anything. Apart from various features, reporting on next season's Euroleague system has been a priority of mine I guess, so if you have any questions, just ask. Not because I were an incredibly smart fella, but because I've been spending a lot of time on this topic.

I'm constantly building on a Euroleague and EuroCup contracts/salaries database, which is difficult to keep updated. Hence I'm particularly thankful for links and infos regarding contract extensions, salaries as well as information and, if needed, correction on already running contracts. Of course this forum shouldn't take away anything from Talkbasket's signings&rumours thread.

Feel free to address whatever topic you like. If you have suggestions or questions, or just feel the need to discuss a topic related to my site, this forum is the right place.

Cheers,

Simon alias Robbe
Hey robbe, welcome. I hope this will be the start of a prosperous cooperation between TB and ITG.

Personally I'm a fan of your site because it has something different than the rest blogs/sites. It has in-depth analysis if basketball situations. From in game plays to coaches to contracts and to Euroleague new format.

I wanted to ask you about the contracts/salaries table you had on your site, it was so nice with all the clubs together, almost a reference point, what happened to it? Now I can only see a list of top-paid players and then links to the teams individually.

Anyway, we'll have plenty of time now to discuss those.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Welcome here robbe!
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Its great news that site like "in the game.org" has anouced partnership with our forum.
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Sites that cover European basketball should help each other and I am glad that we are became partners with Simon's site. This is just the beginning Wink
I love your site Simon! The only place I could find with up to date salaries, budgets, etc. and great analysis as well. I only recently found it but I'm glad I did!

This partnership is great for both sides. Welcome!
Your site is fantastic Simon.
Welcome Simon. May this partnership be beneficial for everyone
Schwach wie flasche leer
Thanks everyone for the kind words. And I completely agree with Vilius. Dry
Hey everyone,

In the next days I'll transform the profile pages of the Euroleague players and include statistics from play by play data in the profiles. So in a while all pages should look similar to this: http://www.in-the-game.org/?page_id=550

What's so special about these stats? If you know the American site 82games.com [NBA-related] you'll probably not be too disappointed, since I can't offer that much data, but there are some interesting bits, like ...

1) how many of a player's total baskets were created by an assist

2) what kind of assists he himself handed out [number of assists that led to a dunk/layup, number of assists that led to a midrange jumper, number of assists that led to a three pointer]

3) and probably most interestingly: floor time stats, which examine how a team performs when the player is on the court, and when he is off the court. There are stats for both defense and offense.

Also there'll be rebound percentage, which is [for e.g. defensive rebounding], the player's defensive rebounds in relation to all shots the opponent missed while the player was on the floor. That is much more accurate than rebounds per game.

Cheers,

robbe
Looks good. If you want you can create an intro text (similar to your post) and I'll publish it on TB with a link to players profiles on ITG, so you get some more hits.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]