Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA playoffs 2012
[Image: matchups-t1.jpg]

I hope the Spurs will get that 5th ring, they deserve it and by the way they play, they can do it. they built a great team this year (once again amazing job by Pop and Buford) with the big 3 and great guys around them, some new like Leonard, Jackson (old-new), Diaw, Mills (that had 2 great last games with Parker resting) and Danny Green and Splitter made a big step forward, together with Blair, Bonner and Neal this should definitely be enough as long as everybody stays healthy.
I think that this year the Bulls have a legit case of going all the way to the championship.

We got the piece we were missing last year which is a sidekick for Rose(SG) and we found the perfect one in Rip Hamilton!

As long as we're healthy we can beat anyone anywhere. Thup

People say that the Heat are the ultimate favourite because of the Big 3.

On the one hand you can't blame them, especially when you see the all-time year LBJ had and the fact that Wade is still a top(second best player in the league if you ask me) player and that Bosh can give you quality minutes(only on offense though).

On the other hand though, you have a team that is going to go as far as LeBron goes. Yeah, of course you have Wade but LeBron is everything for this team-he's the core.

He's the playmaker, he's the scorer, he's the leader, he's the one of the top defenders in the league(he maybe win the DOTY ward this year), he's an all-around beast. The most dominant player on the planet. Bosh is playing like shit lately, Wade is very good but as I said, everything depends on James' performances and how far he can carry his team.

The biggest disadvantage of the Heat is their bench. Their bench is EASILY the worst among the playoff teams and one of the worst in the whole league.

We've seen that during the whole season, although their "peak", their greatest show was given last night. They played without the Big 3 and they managed to be at -40 against the second worst team in the league(Wizards)! That's really something you can't do even if you try.

Anyway, to much noise for the Heat without a reason.

If LeBron manages to win his first ring this year he'll shut many people's mouths... but if he lose again, oh man, it's gonna be ugly. Bag

My rank of the possible champions is this:

Contenders

Bulls
Heat
Thunder
Spurs

Pretenders

Pacers
Knicks ...I mention them just because of their individual talent and just because of Melo's insane play in the last couple of weeks! Thup
Lakers
Grizzlies

Go Bulls! Thup Wink Cool
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
PLAYOFFS START TOMORROW!!!!! LET'S GO NY, GO NY GO!. As you all know I'm a Knicks fan. Knicks have not won a playoff game in almost 10 years. My assessment on the Knicks is similar to TEOThegreek13. The Knicks have a very talented team BUT we are not ready to be a true contender yet. The Knicks need to develop better team chemistry. This was not possible due to injuries and the condensed season. I just hope the Knicks can win a game or two. Ideally it would have been better for the Knicks to play the Pacers. I believe the top 5 of my power rankings can make it out of the conference.

Here is my power ranking

1.Spurs
2.Heat
3.Thunder
4.Bulls
5.Grizzlies (Don't sleep on the Grizz! They play bully ball)
6.Lakers
7.Knicks
8.Celtics
9.Pacers
10.Hawks
11.Clippers
12.Nuggets
13.Mavs
14.Jazz
15.76ers
16.Magic
With Rose being injured, Bulls have no chance of doing something memorable this season.
Bulls have a psychological problems now. Because they literally played half of regular season without Rose and still had the best NBA record, but in the back of their mind they knew

1. Rose will be back from injury

2. It's just play-off games, no need to be stressed

But now Rose is done for the season and Philly already broke their home advantage... so I think even if Bulls actually make it past Philly their presence in 2012 play-offs will be shortlived.

On other couples now... Lakers gonna seal the deal easily vs Denver. Boston have proved they are on form, even without Rondo and Allen they broke Atlanta's home advantage, which is huge, given Hawks' home record. Too bad Allen will miss the playoffs or at best wont be at his 100% cause his long range shooting could spread the court for Boston. Either way and with Bulls being without Rose I think Boston can make it to the East finals vs Miami.

On the most exciting series for me now, I think Dallas deserved AT LEAST 1 win at Oklahoma. The refs are screwing Dirk badly. OKC defenders are abusing the German badly. If Dallas can secure two wins at their home now, I think they have a chance to do the break at Game 5, or even Game 7.

Spurs will dispatch Utah easily...

I will comment the other matchups soon.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

I love my KNICKS even though they are horrid. STAT (A'mare Stoudemire) cut his hand hitting a fire extinguisher case after a heat lost. Reports say he causally hit the case as he was walking to the locker room. This how i imagined it.

[Image: untitled-1l7y7l.gif]
(May 2, 2012, 3:04 pm)Raze Lupin Wrote: I love my KNICKS even though they are horrid. STAT (A'mare Stoudemire) cut his hand hitting a fire extinguisher case after a heat lost. Reports say he causally hit the case as he was walking to the locker room. This how i imagined it.

[Image: untitled-1l7y7l.gif]

Nice!

I've never been so uninterested in the NBA playoffs. The Thunder vs. Mavs is the only series that I am even slightly interested in. I'm sure my interest will pick up later in the playoffs but I would definitely be in favor of the NBA adopting the MLB playoff system. I think it would make the game so much more enjoyable.
(May 3, 2012, 1:23 am)skangles Wrote: Nice!

I've never been so uninterested in the NBA playoffs. The Thunder vs. Mavs is the only series that I am even slightly interested in. I'm sure my interest will pick up later in the playoffs but I would definitely be in favor of the NBA adopting the MLB playoff system. I think it would make the game so much more enjoyable.

The Clippers/Grizz and Celtics/Hawks series is also entertaining to me. The other series seem less competitive. With Orlando, Chicago, Boston, New York all missing key players the East has become less interesting. Who is going to put up a fight against Miami. The second round of the West should be very interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA playoffs MVPs: Ranking the best performances from the first round ESPN NBA 0 302 Jun 8, 2021, 4:56 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  NBA playoffs 2021: Matchups, schedules and news for every first-round series ESPN NBA 0 333 May 30, 2021, 2:44 pm
  NBA experts: Six big takeaways from the playoffs' first six days ESPN NBA 0 432 May 29, 2021, 10:28 am
  NBA playoffs 2021: Everything you need to know about the 16 teams in the mix ESPN NBA 0 349 May 24, 2021, 4:27 pm
  Zion's huge season wasn't enough: The best NBA players to miss the playoffs ESPN NBA 0 335 May 14, 2021, 10:17 am