Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum upgraded
As you can see TalkBasket.net forum has been upgraded to the latest version of Invision Powerboard. It is even more powerful and has more features than the old version. All you need to do is login and continue posting.

If you find any bugs or errors, please report them here so that we can fix them.

Any questions regarding new features should also be posted here.
Great Job, Friends.

You are doing a holiness job here. Agree
Good job Vilius Thup

Is there any chance to have a button you can click near a thread so you see the first unread post there? That function was in the previous design, it's very useful imo.
Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht.
: BASKET-SPOT : - Global Basketball
Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote:Is there any chance to have a button you can click near a thread so you see the first unread post there? That function was in the previous design, it's very useful imo.

Clicking on the thread title should do it. As you can there is an arrow icon above the thread title which goes to the last post of the thread instead of the latest post. But if you click on the thread title it should take to the latest unread post. Even when you move your mouse on arrow icon and thread title you can see a different link showing up. One ends with getnewpost and the other with getlastpost. Let me know if it works.
Quote:Thanks for the comments guys.

Clicking on the thread title should do it. As you can there is an arrow icon above the thread title which goes to the last post of the thread instead of the latest post. But if you click on the thread title it should take to the latest unread post. Even when you move your mouse on arrow icon and thread title you can see a different link showing up. One ends with getnewpost and the other with getlastpost. Let me know if it works.

Thanks Vilius, it works. I was just thinking where can I click to see the posts of the day "New posts" button)? I click "View New Content" but it only provides old posts and a couple of new ones Huh
Quote:Thanks Vilius, it works. I was just thinking where can I click to see the posts of the day "New posts" button)? I click "View New Content" but it only provides old posts and a couple of new ones Huh

It shows new posts to me when I click on 'View New Content'. Maybe it's a bug which will be fixed in an update.
Quote:It shows new posts to me when I click on 'View New Content'. Maybe it's a bug which will be fixed in an update.

All the new posts? I just get a couple and the rest is old. And I checked some threads with new content that simply does not show up when I click "View New Content".
Quote:All the new posts? I just get a couple and the rest is old. And I checked some threads with new content that simply does not show up when I click "View New Content".

To me it shows all new posts. Maybe it has something to do with cookies for you. You could try deleting them (there is an option at the bottom left). I can't think of another reason as there seems to be no technical problems. I could be wrong of course.
Some questions... in the previous forum I click on 'new posts' and had a list with all threads with new posts since my last visit. After I had read them they would not show if I click on 'new posts' after some time... and even if they did I just clicked on 'mark forums read' and solved it.

So where are the 'new posts' and 'mark all forums read' buttons?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Quote:Some questions... in the previous forum I click on 'new posts' and had a list with all threads with new posts since my last visit. After I had read them they would not show if I click on 'new posts' after some time... and even if they did I just clicked on 'mark forums read' and solved it.

So where are the 'new posts' and 'mark all forums read' buttons?

New posts can be seen by clickon on 'View New Content' (it is below the search box).

The link to mark all forums as red is at the bottom right ('Mark Board As Read').
Is it possible to add a 'go to last post' button next to each new/updated threa?

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Quote:Is it possible to add a 'go to last post' button next to each new/updated threa?

There is a little arrow icon which does that Wink see my and rikh's posts above.
I don't see an arrow over the thread title when I see the threads in the 'view new contect' list.

I see this arrow in the forum index, where i can see all the forum categories.

The only arrow in the 'view new contect' list is next to the last poster username which pops up a small windows with the user's info.

I upgraded to IE 8...

It seems that I misunderstood you. I was talking about forum index obviously. Clicking on a thread title on 'View new content' takes you to the latest unread post. If you want to view the last post you have to do that manually or from forum index.
It works now by clicking on the headline. It didn't work before with IE 6. Thanks.

Can't get it to work Vilius. This is what I get by clicking "View New Content" and, for instance, the Euroleague Summer Signings and Rumours has new posts today and still doesn't show up there. I had no problems with the previous design btw.
Rik try to kinda 'reset' the board by clicking on 'Mark board as Read' at the bottom left side.

If that doesn't work, click on 'Delete cokies' too and try to login again.

I think these are transitional problems due to change, for example I had 1 prv msg in my inbox from the previous version of board and it showed full until I emptied it.

You should try doing what Black Urum suggested. If it still doesn't fix the problem I will have to report it on the official forum. But it doesn't look like it's some kind of bug because others have no problems with that.
The forum has just been upgraded to 3.0.1 version. It will fix many bugs. Here are some of major ones as announced by the manufacturers:

* View new content changes so its more like 2.3.6 where it's based off last visit. Option to use the 3.0 style in user settings.

* Option to view search results in a view similar to a forum.

* More filter and sort options with search

* Optimized search and view new content to improve performance

* Sessions not clearing in some PHP versions fixed. Will improve performance on those versions.

* Many Facebook Connect issues have been addressed.

* PM counts being incorrect have been fixed.

* Old media tag and quote tag issues impacting display of older posts fixed.

* Watched content hook in sidebar resource usage addressed.
Another upgrade as done a couple of days ago in order to make sure that we are using the latest and the most secure version of the forum software. The new version has several great features such us (press on the links in order to get more info about each feature):

Quote:Link Sharing

Easily share links from your community to Facebook, Twitter, and more. Great way to drive traffic to your community!

Status Updates

Enhancements to the existing member status system in IP.Board to include the ability to reply and more.

Topic Preview

Preview the first few lines of a topic without loading the entire topic.

Twitter Integration

Your members can now link their account with their Twitter account!

Improved Facebook Integration

Further enhance the link between your community and Facebook to drive traffic.

Profile Customizations: Part 1 and Part 2

Allow your members to customize the look and feel of their profile page.

Notification System

An easier way to be notified of all the various events that happen in your community.
Search Engine Overhaul
Search engine rebuilt from the ground up introducing more flexibility and power.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
TalkBasket New Forum software TalkBasket 2 3,631 Dec 26, 2014, 11:12 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  New forum software TalkBasket 1 4,257 May 3, 2009, 3:16 am
Last Post: rikhardur
  New forum skin up for preview TalkBasket 2 4,444 Jan 11, 2009, 8:30 pm
Last Post: SRBuckey5266