Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nets Trade Vince Carter To Magic
The New Jersey Nets have traded Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to the Orlando Magic for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee.

"Vince [Carter] gives us a veteran, go-to scoring presence, especially at the end of games," Magic general manager Otis Smith said in a statement. "Our goal remains the same -- to win a championship. Any time you can add an All-Star to help you reach your goals, you have to do it. Vince has been a bonafide scorer in this league for 11 seasons and we are excited to add both him and Ryan [Anderson] to our team. We thank Rafer, Tony and Courtney for their efforts and wish them success in the future."

Carter found out about the trade at his basketball camp, adding he thought it was a joke at first.

"Every player hopes for an opportunity like this, to just once compete for an NBA championship," Carter said. "This a dream come true for me. Now I have a chance to win a championship."

An eight-time NBA All-Star, Carter, 32, grew up in Daytona Beach and lives in Orlando.
His experience should give a boost to Magic. Let's see how it works out next season. What is your opinion about this trade?
Its a great trade I love Carter, now he with Dwight-it will be hot
[quote name='Vilius' date='26 June 2009 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1246005410' post='17467']

His experience should give a boost to Magic. Let's see how it works out next season. What is your opinion about this trade?

[/quote]

great trade for Orlando but also they gave lee who they wanted desperately to keep...in the short term (next two years)looks fine for orlando.. Orlando are really pushing for the championship now
As a die hard Nets fan I approve of this trade. VC is a great player and I wish him all the best, but his contract was weighing the team down and we're not accomplishing anything in the short run anyway, with him or without him. Lee is a very promising young swingman who showed a lot of talent last season, and I'm very glad to have him on the team. We really could have not received a better prospect in exchange for Carter. Too bad we had to give up on Anderson as part of the deal, but we have Yi Jianlian who replicates his abilities and has more potential.

Orlando are going to be very dangerous next season, but honestly Hedo fit them better than Carter.
good trade
magic would be more stronger than before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harden drops 39 in Nets win: 'I'm getting there' ESPN NBA 0 472 Nov 15, 2021, 1:58 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  No point guards, some problems: What to expect from Nets, Sixers after two games ESPN NBA 0 261 Oct 26, 2021, 11:23 pm
  Nets' Kyrie Irving FAQ: Home games in question, trade talk, contract status and more ESPN NBA 0 294 Oct 9, 2021, 1:01 am
  NBA Power Rankings: Nets, Lakers and other preseason favorites ESPN NBA 0 296 Sep 30, 2021, 10:05 am
  Sources: Rockets, Wall working to find trade ESPN NBA 0 259 Sep 20, 2021, 10:55 am