Poll: Will Charleroi get into Euroleague group stage?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
no
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charleroi in euroleague
question is pretty obvious.

It would be great for Belgium basketball if they make it. Your opinion please.
[quote name='chad' date='27 June 2009 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1246056394' post='17489']

question is pretty obvious.

It would be great for Belgium basketball if they make it. Your opinion please.

[/quote]

Absolutely yes. It will be great to see new faces in the EL, but I'm realy doubt about Charlroi, if they can make it.

All depende in their raffle.

Alba in the better team here, Le mans with lot of experience, Ventsplis is very good at home.

The "King Charl" needs good raffle.
It will be difficult because of the quality of other teams in the qualifying rounds. Benetton will have a chance to return to Euroleague again after a few years in Eurocup. They will probably do everything to return to elite.

Alba was in EL last season and they manage to reach Top 16. That experience should make them better. Plus they should keep their key players.

What squad will Maroussi have? Third Greek team is not an easy opponent.

So it is possible for Charleroi to reach group stage but it will take a strong team effort. We make predictions when the draw is made.
I think Charleroi is stronger than most people think. I don't know if they will reach the group stage, but i am giving them a fair chance that they will
Schwach wie flasche leer
it s good to see new countries in basketball arenas. But the most important thing basketball care should improve in belgium...
maybe time to reopen the topic now that the draw is finished: Charleroi will play Orléans and if they win they will play Ventpils or Treviso.

Is it a mission impossible of do they have a chance?
It depends on the roster that Charleroi will have. They should be able to get past Orleans. Then they will most likely face Benetton and I think that Italians will go through. Charleroi has chances but they will have to defeat a really tough team.
i think charleroi will advance to the group stage
Schwach wie flasche leer
[quote name='Vilius' date='10 July 2009 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1247226445' post='17950']

It depends on the roster that Charleroi will have. They should be able to get past Orleans. Then they will most likely face Benetton and I think that Italians will go through. Charleroi has chances but they will have to defeat a really tough team.

[/quote]

Roster Charleroi:

Jerry Johnson/Jonathan Tabu

Justin Hamilton/Chris Hill

Dwayne Broyles/ ???

Wes Wilkinson/ Len Matela/ Sacha Massot

Jura Lalic/Andre Riddick

Just missing one player. And they hope to sign Matt Walsh but I doubt it will be possible.
I think Benetton will have a small edge over Charleroi, due to their history in EL.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

[quote name='chad' date='13 July 2009 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1247488747' post='18024']

Roster Charleroi:

Jerry Johnson/Jonathan Tabu

Justin Hamilton/Chris Hill

Dwayne Broyles/ ???

Wes Wilkinson/ Len Matela/ Sacha Massot

Jura Lalic/Andre Riddick

Just missing one player. And they hope to sign Matt Walsh but I doubt it will be possible.

[/quote]

Walsh signed somewhere else.

Chris Hill is injured. He will not play in the Euroleague qualifiers.

I don't think they will make the Euroleague.
an introduction to the team of Charleroi: http://www.talkbasket.net/blogs/can-char...-1784.html