Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey in Euroleague
Ok, I really don't want to underestimate Turkey as a NT and Turkish clubs that participate in the EuroCups. I just have one question witch I never new the answer for. Due to the fact that there is more than enough people here who knows about basketball more than me, please explain me:

- Based on what criteria (NT, clubs or anything) can Turkey have 3 teams in Euroleague? And If there is, please, post me a link so I can read about rules Smile

Thank you.
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Money.
But it can't be the official reason. I know it's the money in the back. What is the official reason. Results? No. NT results? No. So?
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
Quote:But it can't be the official reason. I know it's the money in the back. What is the official reason. Results? No. NT results? No. So?

Huge halls and good marketing Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Quote:Money.

And lots and lots of it Crazy
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Quote:Huge halls and good marketing Wink

In other words, again money Tongue

But, ok, yeah, I get it Biggrin

I still can't believe that Serbia can't have at least one more team in the QR. But that A licence is the biggest shiit there is.
Quote:In other words, again money Tongue

I still can't believe that Serbia can't have at least one more team in the QR. But that A licence is the biggest shiit there is.

We was have Hemofarm few years ago.But they was too bad,and Hemofarm hall even that was half-empty.Maybe if finally Zvezda get good result in Europe,we can hope for one place in the QR. Thup
as far as i remember efes and ulker got A license right from the beginning.

and once you got the license its really hard to lose it. as long as you keep winning games and attracting fans.

euroleague website provides insight about the rankings and criteria. see link

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/97882/180

according to fiba europe rankings men, turkey stands 4th after spain, greece and lithuania. see link

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/ra...nkMen.html

its not just about money. and yea efes and ulker groups have plenty of it.
Kobe on playing in Europe,

"You'd have to look at the market and what's going on in terms of the level of basketball being played," Bryant said. "I understand there's a high level of competitive basketball in Turkey now. They might have the best league in Europe. Spain has obviously been one of the top leagues for a long time.

"And Italy is a place that's dear in my heart, I grew up there, but the level is not where it used to be. When I was growing up over there, that was the best league in Europe."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--k...nture.html
Quote:Kobe on playing in Europe,

"You'd have to look at the market and what's going on in terms of the level of basketball being played," Bryant said. "I understand there's a high level of competitive basketball in Turkey now. They might have the best league in Europe. Spain has obviously been one of the top leagues for a long time.

"And Italy is a place that's dear in my heart, I grew up there, but the level is not where it used to be. When I was growing up over there, that was the best league in Europe."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympics--k...nture.html

Spanish league is the best league in Europe and it's not even close.
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Quote:Spanish league is the best league in Europe and it's not even close.

agreeed. turkey is not there yet.

competitive, true but not the best. i was surprised to hear that from kobe. he probably got that from d-will.
Quote:We was have Hemofarm few years ago.But they was too bad,and Hemofarm hall even that was half-empty.Maybe if finally Zvezda get good result in Europe,we can hope for one place in the QR. Thup

Its so comic hemofarm comparing a Turkish team. Turkish teams supporting european basketball on this economic crisis and you should thank not irony kidly. And its not nice to open a topic in 'euroleague'. Euroleague had so many comic serbian and greek teams before and it was purely money and lobbyst. I think you bored on this hot and lazy summer days and wanted some fun. Go and play your pc games...
Quote:In other words, again money Tongue

Are you jokkin or out of your mind? Smile a serbian team more ?
So typical for Turkish members of the forum now... I will start stereotyping...

Yes, once Yugoslavia had a great lobby, Yugoslavia was once a great nation! Then politics destroyed everything that people worked for. It is the same for sports. We had great lobby because of the great results and many many many super talented players and coaches. Now, our country is a piece of shiit, but our sports are somehow holding their head above the water still!

Tell me more about Turkey results in general, about all of the ALL-TIME best players you gave? Coaches? Oh I forgot, you only have Yugoslavian coaches... Get it now? Lobby is never a good thing and I don't love it, but if I have to chose lobby getting from the results, player making, coaches, or money, it's obvious...

And I am not out of my mind. There are way to many teams in EL that don't deserve that spot, but bring money and politics to sport...
Quote:Its so comic hemofarm comparing a Turkish team. Turkish teams supporting european basketball on this economic crisis and you should thank not irony kidly. And its not nice to open a topic in 'euroleague'. Euroleague had so many comic serbian and greek teams before and it was purely money and lobbyst. I think you bored on this hot and lazy summer days and wanted some fun. Go and play your pc games...

You forgot who making players... Crazy

It's not European team if you have six or more Americans.Think of that Agree
It's been a few year but I still think it's a valid question. As it is now, 1/4 of EuroLeague teams are from Turkey (Galatasaray qualified by winning EuroCup). For example Darussafaka (Dogus Group is one EuroLeague's sponsors) is getting a place ahead of established names such us Besiktas and Galatasaray (they wouldn't be in EuroLeague if they hadn't won EuroCup).

No one will probably deny the fact the Turkish league has become one of the top leagues in Europe. It has brought not only some of the top players in Europe but also coaches such as Obradovic and Blatt. Turkish clubs seem to be committed to investing in basketball and EuroLeague seems to be taking advantage of that.

Do you think that's the right path?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 176 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 372 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am