Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009/10 Real Madrid
One thing is for sure, with Messina and their new transfers Real Madrid will keep us busy next season.

[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/messina-our-goal-is-the-final-four.html"]http://www.talkbasket.net/news/messina-our...final-four.html[/url]

Quote:Ettore Messina was presented today at the "Honour Stage" of the Santiago Bernabeu by chairman Florentino Perez and talked about his vision of the club.

Here are some selected statements of his:

"I am the coach of Real Madrid and I hope I will be that for a long time.

The transfers we will make is not a money issue nor to invest in big stars. I want a great team not a team of numbers. We have to be careful with the signatures, how the players play within the team, and selecting personalities over performances is as important as money.

I am excited coaching in Spain, in general coming to work in the ACB. There is team like Real Madrid to match their history. I want to thank for the confidence and the enthusiasm the basketball department has, and i hope that with work from everyone, we can achieve what the fans want. I don't want to promise anything, but we are going to do everything possible to do well for the basketball department."
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

the first was novika velickovic.

few days ago darjus lavrinovic signed too.

players that end the contract and continue one year more sure are sergio llul and van den spiegel.

the summer is long and sure that sign more players
Interview: Ettore Messina

[y]7t3Ii_39TSI[/y]
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Watch out for the much awaited game between Real Madrid and Montepaschi and the TOP 16, Game 4. Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 20:45 CET.

MESSINA, ETTORE (Real Madrid head coach) says: "Next Thursday we are playing against a great opponent. It is a crucial duel for both teams in a very tight group. The most important thing for us is to win this game, forgetting about the point differential. We can only think about that during the last minutes if we see we have real options of winning."euroleague.net

PIANIGIANI, SIMONE (Montepaschi Siena head coach) says: "In Madrid it will be another big game. All the teams are surely coming into next round at a very unique moment, after the national cup weekend. The most important thing for us will be withstanding the impact of Real Madrid, because after their loss in the National Cup, we expect a very strong reaction from them. We have to try to resist and we hope to have the physical and mental energy to play a good defense and also to keep our rhythm in offense. This will be an important key for us."euroleague.net
Messina has not the things very clear and it is complicated a good season if the roster has a lot of changes during the season
[quote name='saqueneutral' date='23 April 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1272015710' post='20975']

Messina has not the things very clear and it is complicated a good season if the roster has a lot of changes during the season

[/quote]

Messina didn't bring instant success to CSKA either. If Real Madrid keep its roster without doing too many changes, they could also go very far in Euroleague in the future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real Madrid 2011/2012 Kenneth23 7 8,276 Oct 6, 2011, 5:26 pm
Last Post: TeoTheGreek13
  Real Madrid 2010/11 Black Urum 32 22,897 Feb 17, 2011, 8:38 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23
  2009/10 ACB News & Results Black Urum 19 15,277 Jun 16, 2010, 12:12 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  2009/10 ACB Signings and Rumours Black Urum 20 17,354 Jun 13, 2010, 5:31 pm
Last Post: stefans
  Copa del Rey 2009 rikhardur 12 9,200 Feb 23, 2009, 11:26 pm
Last Post: Black Urum