Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting players - let's start something here
(Jul 23, 2010, 12:18 pm)Vilius Wrote: What about this template for a scouting report?

Name:
Date of birth:
Nationality (-ies):
Best position:
Other positions:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Potential (is he likely to improve and how much?):
Overall level (local, Eurocup, Euroleague etc.):

I like it. Maybe add vitals like height and/or weight. Maybe add something like a current status or level. For example, somethign that Draftexpress is absurd at is how they rank guys like Rubio the best player in Europe.

It's delusional. Something to differenitaite the actual current level of a player instead of his hype, or his prospects from NBA managers, etc.

So you know something like,

Rubio: probable up and coming future Euroleague star

Siskauskas: elite Euroleague superstar

Jasikevicius: wily veteran (once a European superstar, now a smart and wily veteran)

I don't know, something like that. I never see anything like that on any of the sites. Draftexpress is just pure fiction and hype directed towards NBA marketign and that's how they get all their money from hits. It's by design.

But an actual realist and accrate scouting blog would be much more interesting to real fans and I believe it would catch on.

For example, if you read the ACB forums you would notice that in truth the Spaniards have no idea about let's say a Greek player. Like I saw when Mavroeidis was signed no one in the ACB forums had even heard of him before.

Best thing would be for fans all around Europe to be able to check here and since it would be in English it would be the best. And a lot better than Draftexpress which is again just all NBA hype nonsense.

Like Draftexpress idea of a scouting report is "not athletic", "too slow" "typical European player". I see stuff liek that all the time when I notice it they are talking about a player that is extremely quick and athletic.

Things like that they just make up and are pure bs.

I think something like more accurate and actual info would work better. Just like if you look at all the NBA US sites EVERY one is the same......

I swear read them. When Mozgov signed they all said "best player in Europe". Same when Pekovic signed, same when Asik signed, when Neal signed, when Erden signed, etc.

Yep, EVERY player in Europe that signs to the NBA is "the best player in Europe" according to NBA sites. Or how EVERY NBA draft pick from Europe is a "dominant superstar" according to them.

I mean they ALL claim Ryan Richards is a "superstar in Europe". Ryan Richards from the Swiss league.

The stuff is so absurd and comical. There isn't an actual true legit scouting site anywhere.

For example the ACB fans could look up Mavroeidis' profile and maybe see something realistic and informative. Maybe read several different opinions.

Not just like Draftexpress where one's guys opinion is considered universal fact. I don't think Americans can even grasp that it's just a guy's personal blog.

Messages In This Thread
Scouting players - let's start something here - by forum troll - Jul 23, 2010, 12:32 pm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brutal hits by basketball players Black Urum 10 8,215 Nov 12, 2016, 10:09 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Basketball players' tattoos Black Urum 2 3,571 Mar 22, 2013, 4:47 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve
  Basketball players in advertisement Black Urum 29 15,627 Jul 29, 2012, 5:49 am
Last Post: skangles
  Ridiculous/funny pictures of basketball players Black Urum 11 8,041 Nov 16, 2011, 4:22 pm
Last Post: Black Urum
  Players off-court Black Urum 0 2,203 May 25, 2011, 10:52 pm
Last Post: Black Urum