Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between North America and Europe
Quote:Mexico is part of Central America.Because they not belong and don't have any conections with USA and Canada.And they are part of Central America.Here is a link.

http://www.nathangibbs.com/2007/06/14/is...l-america/

Good link but you are mistaken. This link proves me right. If you read both this link and do small research on the UN link you will find the meaning of the link you gave me. Did you read this carefully? Here is what the UN says about there grouping methods notice the bold:

The assignment of countries or areas to specific groupings is for statistical convenience and does not imply any assumption regarding political or other affiliation of countries or territories by the United Nations.

The designations "developed" and developing" are intended for statistical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgement about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process."

So what does this mean that the UN map includs Mexico and islands as part of "Latin" America? The answer is obvious for statistical convience. This classification has nothing to do with the reality of politics or other affiliations of the countries. In effect this is not a simple continental map. The UN does not say that it is so. Therefore the you saying that the countries are not connected is false.

Your statement shows your ignorance of simple geography and about the Americas and how we relate:Because they not belong and don't have any conections with USA and Canada.And they are part of Central America.

To make this short we are connected in politics and culture some is bad some is good BUT very connected. Have you not heard of the controversial NAFTA (North American trade agreement?? The countries are all the major North American countries USA, Mexico and Canada. This is a political and trade agreement for North American countries. Notice Mexico is connected. Also those islands that you talk about many of those people live in USA terroritories and have USA rights and citiczenship!! Are you saying Puertoricans are not in North America??? Think Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands not the french owned. Most major universities and knowledge bases include Mexico as part of North America this is 100% fact for simple geography not demographic map.

I have 3 questions for you:

Please explain this to me. With all of the data bases and information why do not you know that USA, Mexico and Canada are in North America continent?

Why didn't you read that UN map is not an actual map based on simple Geography but for convience of statistics?

This is most important question for you: If someone does not know that Mexico is in North America but has strong opinions about North America is this person DUMB?

Please my answer the questions.

Thank you have a nice day friend! :-D

Messages In This Thread
Difference between North America and Europe - by Raze Lupin - Nov 12, 2010, 8:44 pm