Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your 5 favorite players from your country?
[quote name='Raze Lupin' timestamp='1300904376' post='29859']

Same here, Jason Kidd pass first mentality will be missed when he retires. I'm not done yet with my list i added a few more. i have some others I'd like to add as well. There are so many promising young players in the NBA. Not only the NBA but in America the College and highschool level is chalk full of gems. Fredette, Walker, McAdoo etc... Looking at current USA FIBA sucesses and the the current talent pool. I think this country is at a point of basketball renaissance. What do you think about that Skangles?

[/quote]

I think it's tough to make a call about the upcoming American youth. The U-19s and U-17s have done really well in the latest FIBA tournaments; however, if you look back at US youth rosters over time a lot of the players don't end up having successful careers.

NBA lockout aside, this year's NBA draft class is terrible. I mean the Clippers actually gave away their lottery pick to the Cavs just to save a few million dollars over the next few seasons because they think this draft is such garbage. That's unheard of, it'll happen with a late first round pick but I've never seen it with a lottery pick.

I'm not too familiar with the current High School crop of players but even if they don't amount to much there is still an insane amount of US talent under the age of 25.

In fact, we can build this team from U-25 American players:

C: Howard (25), B. Lopez (22), Aldridge (25)

PF: Love (22), Griffin (22)

SF: Durant (22), Gay (24)

SG: E. Gordon (22), Westbrook (22)

PG: Paul (25) Rose (22), Curry (23)

That's not even including guys like Wall (20), Rondo (25), or Mayo (23).

If we move the age to 26 we can include LeBron, Bosh, Carmelo, D. Williams, A. Jefferson, Iguodala and Perkins.

That is an unbelievable talent pool.

Messages In This Thread
Who are your 5 favorite players from your country? - by skangles - Mar 24, 2011, 2:33 am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite vert. program? KobeRoools 2 3,128 Nov 27, 2020, 6:09 pm
Last Post: gabeball
  Brutal hits by basketball players Black Urum 10 8,234 Nov 12, 2016, 10:09 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  What is your favorite basketball movies?? Raze Lupin 14 9,780 Nov 21, 2013, 6:46 am
Last Post: KelPark17
  Basketball players' tattoos Black Urum 2 3,592 Mar 22, 2013, 4:47 pm
Last Post: CoachSteve
  Basketball in your country TalkBasket 21 13,356 Feb 3, 2013, 10:13 pm
Last Post: stefans