Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue
Quote: They "FYROMIANS," have shown spite and venom toward the Hellenic team in all forums, throughout the tournament. And 'I' had to bear their bullshit. Though most of them have ZERO knowledge of basketball, ZERO!!!

Lol, on what forums was this taking place? Don't forget that they are a deeply nationalist borderline racist country. Utlimately I pity them for the inferiority complex they have about being insignificant turds in the 'sands' of time.

Quote:I'm also giving the LITUANIAN organizers the Thudown for allowing a majority portion of the Fyromians, to exhibit an illegal and politically motivated banner revealing the 'Star of Vergina' at the Hellas Vs FYROM game, and thus exposing them and their motives for what they really are.

I agree with that, but I think it's really down to foreigners' ignorance about the whole issue, and that's why it's not been any kind of big deal for the organizers. People don't know that these people call themselves (pseudo) Macedonians because they want to 'liberate' Greece's Macedonia, through similar means that Kosovo did with America's instant (surprise, surprise) recognition as a sovereign and independent state. They hope that a large chunk of Northern Greece will be handed over to them (obviously not by war because they don't have a pot to piss in) so that they can then have access to the Aegean... this may sound far-fetched, but with the things my eyes have seen so far, NOTHING would surprise me.

These are the intentions of FYROM, a country that's 40% Albanian, with the remainder being Yugoslav, Gypsy and Bulgarian. The only real relation they have to the ancient Greek kingdom of Macedonia, is that they are inhabiting on the ancient lands of where the kingdom once extended to. Any ancient ruin that still exists from that time in the land of FYROM has Greek scribbled all over it. Names of their cities are originally Greek. Yet they speak a tongue very close to Serbo-Croatian and a bit of Bulgarian thrown in, yet they claim they are the real 'ancient Macedonians'- go figure.

Alexander the Great spoke, wrote, and thought in Greek and worshipped the Greek gods. Yet these Slavs are claiming some kind of nonexistent historical connection with him. The only time that anyone has ever heard about them and actually given a shit about what country they are has been through this year's Eurobasket. So they are trying to cash in on this via any propagandistic means possible.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by ZEUS - Sep 18, 2011, 11:38 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by vakasimo2 - Sep 19, 2011, 11:47 am
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by klanec - Sep 19, 2011, 11:48 am
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by klanec - Sep 19, 2011, 4:33 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by Led00 - Sep 19, 2011, 4:39 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by ZEUS - Sep 19, 2011, 4:55 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by klanec - Sep 19, 2011, 7:23 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by skangles - Sep 20, 2011, 6:52 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by ZEUS - Sep 20, 2011, 8:01 pm
Greece - FYR of Macedonia name issue - by ZEUS - Sep 20, 2011, 8:09 pm