Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expansion
[quote name='"Luke":e6965']Possibly Poujoulat Heat Guildford as they won the BBL (British Basketball League), and I take it the ULEB teams will be decided from this league as this is the biggest league in Britain, as there is also other leagues which are split into countries.[/quote]

I was right then with England entry.

Do us proud! <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->

Quote:British Basketball League champions Guildford Heat have been invited to take part in the prestigious Uleb Cup competition next season.

The club, who were only formed in 2005, will face some of Europe's top basketball clubs in the competition, won by Real Madrid last season.

Guildford chairman Andrew Bird said it was "a momentous day".

He added: "To be awarded a place is truly remarkable and speaks volumes for the progression of British basketball."

The competition features 54 of the top teams from 25 European nations.

The winners and runners-up have the chance to take part in the Euroleague, the most prestigious competition in European basketball.

Guildford Heat are the first BBL team to take part in European competition since the now-defunct Brighton Bears in 2003-04.

Guildford head coach Paul James, who led them to a league and cup double in their second season, said: "None of us should be under any illusions about the quality of opponents we will face in this competition.

"It will be hard going and may include travelling to some rather exotic places, but I can promise our supporters that regardless of the outcomes, I will have the team well prepared and as ready as possible to compete against all comers."

The Uleb Cup draw will be held on 30 June in Jesolo, Italy.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 13, 2007, 5:12 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 19, 2007, 8:57 pm
[No subject] - by Luke - Jun 19, 2007, 9:11 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 19, 2007, 9:12 pm
[No subject] - by Luke - Jun 19, 2007, 9:20 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 22, 2007, 7:53 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 26, 2007, 1:47 pm
[No subject] - by Luke - Jun 26, 2007, 4:37 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 26, 2007, 7:48 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Jun 27, 2007, 2:27 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Feb 15, 2008, 6:58 pm