Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vert Help
Hey!

Im sixteen and 5'9" with a 5'10" wingspan.

I could touch a 10 foot rim since about a month or two before my 15th birthday (which is in November). About this time last year I could just barely dunk, and my vert was still getting better, but then i got injured! (sprained my left ankle)

It wasnt too severe and i was back grabbing the rim after about a week or two.

In October of 2009 i was still able to grab the rim but then i turned on my ankle again.

I was only out for about a week again this time but when i came back i could just about touch the backboard. Over the next few months my jump was slowly returning to me but i was still a good 2 or 3 inches below the ring.

But then, almost a month ago i injured my ankle worse than ever.. severely sprained a tendon in the back of my leg and damaged ligaments too, i havnt played since.

Im nowhere near 100%, but once im fully recovered i SERIOUSLY want to get my hops back!

it depresses me every time someone asks me can i dunk, or can i touch the rim, or anything like that!

im very much a one foot jumper and its my left foot i jump off, i could never even touch the backboard off two feet!

But yeah anyway, does anyone have any ideas what i can do once iv recovered to help me get my hops back to the way they were?

id really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Vert Help - by Dycycle - Apr 4, 2010, 8:28 pm
Vert Help - by TalkBasket - Apr 4, 2010, 8:33 pm
Vert Help - by suricata - Apr 7, 2010, 1:46 am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite vert. program? KobeRoools 2 3,090 Nov 27, 2020, 6:09 pm
Last Post: gabeball