Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who can beat Spain now?? ESPANA ESPANA ESPANA!!
It's over for Eurobasket, Olympics and 2014 WC. If He goes to Spain they will be unstoppable. What is your opininion Ibaka becoming a citizen and playing for Spain NT? Maybe even in Eurobasket?

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/la.../arti.html

MADRID (EuroBasket 2011) - Pau Gasol has expressed the opinion that Congo-born power forward Serge Ibaka would be a good addition to Spain's national team if he were to be granted citizenship.

Ibaka, now 21 and playing with Oklahoma City in the NBA, moved to Spain as a teenager and played with Club Bàsquet L’Hospitalet and Ricoh Manresa in the ACB (2008-09) before leaving for the Thunder in the 2009-10 campaign.

On Wednesday night, he blocked eight shots for the Thunder in their 111-103 victory at Minnesota.

He also had 10 points and five rebounds.

In September, Ibaka said he would, if asked, like to play for Spain's national team.

"Spain has done a lot for me and I want to do something in return," Ibaka said.

“The Congo is the past. Oklahoma is my work place, and Spain is where I live. My younger brother, Igor, is playing here in Manresa.”

His remarks were carried by hoopsleader.com

Gasol, who has taken part in a fan question and interview session with Madrid-based Marca, was asked about Ibaka and Spain's national team.

"He is a young player that is playing at a high level in the NBA and could help the national team a lot," said the Los Angeles Lakers star forward-center, who is the most famous player ever to wear a Spain jersey.

"I think it's good that he gets the nationality."

Spain will next summer try to defend their European title and qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.

Messages In This Thread
Who can beat Spain now?? ESPANA ESPANA ESPANA!! - by Raze Lupin - Dec 9, 2010, 9:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  24/8/2008: The day that Spain almost shocked Team USA TB International 0 1,352 Aug 26, 2018, 4:09 pm
Last Post: TB International
Basketball European Summer League Spain June 2015 EuroHoops 0 4,038 Mar 26, 2015, 8:51 pm
Last Post: EuroHoops
  Friendly competition in Spain TalkBasket 4 4,522 Aug 7, 2006, 11:34 pm
Last Post: diego.es