Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first Euroleague game you ever watched
Mine was in November 2000, London Towers vs Barcelona, Barcelona won 97-82 - the game was actually quite close until late on!

I was living in Brighton at the time, so couldn't resist making the trip up to London to see a team like Barcelona. I was 18. At that time it was the ULEB/Suproleague split. Most of the fans at the arena were from Barcelona too. Barca had Jasikevicius, Navarro, Pau Gasol, Rentzias, Duenas... it was amazing to see that level of basketball after being used to the BBL (but it was a much better league back then).

The only other EL game I've seen in person was this season just past, I flew to Madrid to see Real v Olympiakos at Caja Magica, Madrid won quite comfortably, it was a good game though, although I was disappointed at how poor Olympiakos were, I thought it would be a really close game.

I've only really started following Euroleague seriously, watching every week on EL-TV, this season. Will definitely be sticking with it though.

Messages In This Thread
The first Euroleague game you ever watched - by Rob Scott - Jun 9, 2011, 11:05 pm
The first Euroleague game you ever watched - by ZEUS - Jun 12, 2011, 11:23 am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 204 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 196 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 476 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 392 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 410 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am