Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The origin of Talkbasket...
OK. Here's Talkbasket's prehistory Smile

I was running a successful website which was based on a computer game. Despite its success it didn't give me any interest lately. I spent 3 years on it before leaving.

Since I had website management experience it was no problem for me to create another site. My dream was to have a basketball website. Most of the members on my old site weren't interested in this sport at all. As I was playing computer games less and less I lost interest in the old site.

I'm Lithuanian so basketball is my favourite sport. I decide to create a forum in English language about basketball. It wasn't easy at first because I wanted European and international basketball to be discussed on it.

Many people are already posting on other forums so they are not interested in joining another one. Though there were some decent members. They encouraged me to continue working on the site.

It was around year when I was running two sites (TalkBasket and the other one). Eventually I decided that we should be a news site first of all. There are only a few website that cover European and international basketball in English.

So it was a good niche plus it was what I like. And here we are.

Messages In This Thread
The origin of Talkbasket... - by Straight Faced - Aug 25, 2008, 5:04 pm
[No subject] - by TalkBasket - Aug 25, 2008, 5:15 pm
[No subject] - by Straight Faced - Aug 25, 2008, 9:23 pm
[No subject] - by Kobester - Aug 26, 2008, 10:11 am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big greeting to "talkbasket" and Vilius! Roy M 5 6,355 Jun 15, 2009, 10:28 pm
Last Post: kobimel
  A talkbasket.net myspace page! Straight Faced 2 5,405 May 12, 2008, 7:00 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Do we need talkbasket.com torrent tracker? jankarl 5 7,216 Mar 24, 2007, 11:26 am
Last Post: AFC