Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players who where stars in Europe and now are playing in the NBA
Quote:I think Splitter will earn his starter spot next year too. I'm more doubtful about Pekovic.

What about David Andersen? Second year there and he's being wasted again. Will he consider to come back to Europe this summer?

Splitter and Pekovic are both very talented and they will be great players in the NBA.

David Andersen has signed a three year contract with the Rockets in 2008. The third year was a team option. At Toronto he got some playing time and he played good in the minutes that he got. Toronto didn't wanted to trade him away but New Orleans didn't want to let the trade go through if he wasn't included in the trade. There are some rumors that some teams in the NBA want to trade for him because they are looking for a good bigman who doesn't cost very much. One of the teams that is interested in trading for Andersen, is his former team the Houston Rockets. They are looking for a good bigman because Yao is out for the season. He could go their and get more playing time then he got the first time when he was a Rocket. David Andersen still wants to prove that he's a good player and that he deserves to play in the NBA. He has said that if the Hornets don't take the option, he'll work out for some NBA teams and will listen to their offers. If he doesn't get the offer he's looking for, he'll return to Europe. I hope that I have answered your question

Messages In This Thread
Players who where stars in Europe and now are playing in the NBA - by Kenneth23 - Jan 26, 2011, 2:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's how top NBA stars have adjusted to rule changes ESPN NBA 0 510 Nov 17, 2021, 8:45 pm
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Points and Roto: Which stars shine brightest in each format? ESPN NBA 0 299 Oct 29, 2021, 10:48 am
  NBA's 75 greatest players: Snubs, all-time starting five and more ESPN NBA 0 284 Oct 25, 2021, 5:03 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 294 Oct 21, 2021, 9:32 am
  NBA75: Meet the best players in league history ESPN NBA 0 296 Oct 20, 2021, 12:51 pm