Poll: Which is tournament is more important
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Olympics
71.43%
5 71.43%
FIBA World Championship
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Prestigious: World Championship or Olympic Gold
(Sep 16, 2010, 9:29 pm)Vilius Wrote: This discussions seems to lead nowhere. We see the same facts in different perspectives.

Quote:FIBA Europe: Lithuania is one of those countries where basketball is immensely popular; do you think they are the right place for the first 24-team EuroBasket?

Svetislav Pesic: Since it was actually the Lithuanians who wanted the expansion most I think we could not have a better host for this project. They now have one year time to adapt to the new requirements which I think will be enough. Judging from what I saw in Vilnius during the U18 European Championship they are prepared and we will see a great tournament. Actually I think we will see an even better tournament than we saw in Turkey this year because with all the teams wanting to qualify for the Olympics I am sure that all the stars who sat out this year will be back next year. The Olympics are also a chance for smaller countries to get additional support for their infrastructure and youth programs with the National Olympic Committees putting more focus on basketball.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_cXohZVx3H...de_on.html

What does that have to do with anything? You are not making any sense. All the teams wanted to qualify for the 2010 world championship also. Are you trying to say that they did not?

Messages In This Thread
More Prestigious: World Championship or Olympic Gold - by forum troll - Sep 16, 2010, 10:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournaments TalkBasket 0 213 Nov 22, 2023, 2:59 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Eleven countries interested in hosting FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 TalkBasket 1 2,193 Sep 19, 2023, 1:28 pm
Last Post: LettCat
  FIBA World Cup 2023 Quarterfinals: Let's Predict the Winners! 🏀 TalkBasket 0 315 Sep 4, 2023, 2:43 pm
  South American Basketball Championship (Brazil and Argentina) Abram Jones 0 1,558 Apr 3, 2019, 8:37 am
Last Post: Abram Jones
  FIBA World Cup 2019 European Qualifiers TalkBasket 1 2,752 Aug 24, 2018, 6:06 pm