Poll: Should Turkey be allowed to join EU?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
16.67%
1 16.67%
No
83.33%
5 83.33%
I don't care
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU?
I say No!

I want to answer and write something about this issue with by bad English.

Quote:Turkey will soon have a population bigger than germany. that means that in case they become a full member they will soon have the most votes in european parliament

This is true. Smile

Quote:In case you don't remember a couple of months ago it was revealed that certain people in the military were planning a coup to overthrow the government by harassing greece's airspace and if needed shooting down one of their own planes, blaming the greeks.

No no no no... These are still rumuors! They cannot be proved yet. So that's the comic part of the issue. No proof, but alot of people were arrested! Because what? Because of claims! Only claims, some people take decisions about others' lives. Harassing issues are wrong because our mitilary services proved these rumuors by videos. I dont want to write about this issue but I can give you a clue: all big nationalists are still arrested!

Quote:Moreover Turkey has many problems with many of its neighbors and there is also the human rights issue.

Thats wrong. Syria, Persia, Azerbaycan etc. These are our friends! Only Greece wants to bust up sometimes but I think it is temporary situation. Their hostility's history is based on Ottomans! Ottomans had current Greek territory, so they have a historical hostility.

Turkiye is blamed for human rights. Smile For example, a terrorist was killed, human right association and some EU members go to terrorist's home for condolence!! Sorry, which human right?? 40000 Turkish people are murdered by these terrorists, where are their rights? Why don't big big(!) EU members go the soldiers' houses for condolence?

Turkiye has no problem on human rights. These are Europe's lies. We can see events sometimes but never you can never see a colective movement. For example many European supporters are racist(like Assamoah, Etoo, Lazio events) but in Turkiye can you say an event? No!

Quote:Last but not least comes the religious issue. Europe as a union is unstable as it is, it doesn't need another member that is culturally and religiously different.

I agree with you.

In Turkiye, people don't want to join EU(very big part)! But our politicians want it. I dont know what their benefits are..

Messages In This Thread
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by TalkBasket - Mar 30, 2010, 10:22 am
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by suricata - Mar 30, 2010, 11:51 am
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by Gurkan Alkan - Mar 30, 2010, 9:56 pm
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by suricata - Mar 30, 2010, 11:23 pm
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by suricata - Apr 1, 2010, 12:37 pm
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by rikhardur - Apr 4, 2010, 10:25 pm
Should Turkey be allowed to join EU? - by suricata - Apr 6, 2010, 11:13 am