Tunisia vs. Slovenia 16h30 (GMT+3)
USA vs. Croatia 19h00 (GMT+3)
Iran vs. Brazil 21h30 (GMT+3)
Predictions:

Tunisia vs. Slovenia
USA vs. Croatia
Iran vs. Brazil
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

The favourites won today in this group. USA had a great game. I wonder if there will be a team that gives them a run for their money, I mean they're not season NBA professionals so why are teams giving them OTT respect that they don't deserve?
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
The recipe for beating the USA is clear, slow the tempo, control the pace and bang inside. If you let Team USA run and gun, they will win every game in this tournament. The US roster is stock piled with utility forwards "who can play multiple positions" and with the exception of Tyson Chandler it lacks a true imposing force in the middle. Teams cannot let the USA play how they want and still expect to win. It simply will not happen.
Slovenia vs USA (16:30)
Croatia vs Iran (19:00)
Brazil vs Tunisia (21:30)

All times are local Turkey time (GMT+3)

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

Croatia was dreadful at shooting in the second half. USA, however, didn't stop and just continue to score. I think the same happened in Beijing in most games. Americans have one explosive quarter and the winner is decided. Surely it would be much more interesting if some teams were able to keep the game close.
I wonder what's the anti-doping status of the US athletes?

I bet once more the US threatened to pull its team if they were screened through anti-doping procedures. Just like all previous Olympics (at least recently) Rofl3
I watched the Slovenia vs. USA match and I have to say the Slovenians put in some good effort, made some great plays and dunks, but unfortunately weren't consistent enough to pile on the pressure to the US. After a certain point they just totally lost it and the US pulled ahead without much difficulty. However this match showed that team USA is not immune to being pressured. When that happens, the players make plenty of errors and misjudgements, I mean not many of them are that experienced professional basketball players. Teams have to stop respecting them so much and just pile on the hardcore pressure if anyone is going to have a chance at overcoming the US obstacle.
Quote:I wonder what's the anti-doping status of the US athletes?

I bet once more the US threatened to pull its team if they were screened through anti-doping procedures. Just like all previous Olympics (at least recently) Rofl3

I do not know what you're referring to? The US had its full team at the last olympics. When did they threaten to pull their team because of doping regulations?
Quote:I do not know what you're referring to? The US had its full team at the last olympics. When did they threaten to pull their team because of doping regulations?

Team USA (in basketball and in many other Olympic sports) refuses to pass doping tests at Olympics...

In 2004 Olympiacs they were hiding out in the US Military base of Souda In Crete, an island)... which is considered American soil and no access is allowed to foreigners... so the doctors couldn't reach the players to take samples...

Croatia vs Tunisia

Iran vs USA

Brazil vs Slovenia

USA vs Tunisia

Slovenia vs Iran

Brazil vs Croatia

Brazil vs Croatia will determine the 3rd team of the group...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Group A (Kayseri) - Group Stage TalkBasket 24 11,545 Sep 3, 2010, 1:00 pm
Last Post: stefans
  Group D (Izmir) - Group Stage TalkBasket 24 11,542 Sep 3, 2010, 8:28 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Group C (Ankara) - Group Stage TalkBasket 32 14,239 Sep 3, 2010, 12:11 am
Last Post: ZEUS
  Group stage prediction straight forward 9 5,103 Apr 10, 2010, 3:19 pm
Last Post: Led00