Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kostas Koufos thread
I'm watching Lakers-Wolves game right now...

I can't believe how such a finesse player got destroyed by NBA...

He was a versatile PF with fine dribble and even 3p shot. His signature move was fade away mid range shots. Now he is a useless sack of potatoes. Like in inflated doll with muscles, which he "miraculously" gained after a season in NBA.

Lost his agility, doesn't have the go ahead to shoot from outside the paint and doesn't have a role in the squad and on the court. He will end up in NBDL by the end of October... I'm sure.

He must realise that the only way for him to realise his dream to play for NBA, is to build his name and game in Euroleague first...
Kostas, wake up!
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

It's another example that European players should grow as a players in Europe first (off course, there are exceptions, but it's almost a rule). P. Gasol never was physical monster, but look, he's probably the best center in the world. On other hand, It's too soon to write of Koufos. I saw him couple of times in summer league and he did look pretty good. He needs to work on his post game, he has some mobility actually. He can still be a strong center in international level. I think it's not only about muscles, it's about psychology as well.
Yes, but he is already staying behind. Three years ago he was on par with Macvan.

Now Macvan is playing and winning medals with Serbia senior NT and is the star of his team pulling off amazing numbers and points while Koufos will be in NBDL again in some weeks.
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Koufos isn't a stiff like Vougioukas, but he's completely useless at this point as a player. He's in strong competition for being the worst player in the entire NBA. He should be playing in a club like Panellinios at the Eurocup level and trying to grow his game from there. Instead he is just another D-League level player in the US that has no future at this point.

With that being said, I would rather have him on the national team as the third string center than Vougioukas. But I would much rather have Glyniadakis as the third center than Koufos right now.
Koufos' #31 jersey was retired by his high school GlenOak!!! Thup

[Image: koyfos.jpg]
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
I'm waiting for him to prove himself a solid role player for the Hellenic NT.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Olympiacos thread TalkBasket 0 2,270 Sep 8, 2018, 8:29 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Official Dimitris Diamantidis thread Black Urum 9 9,204 Nov 13, 2016, 4:37 pm
  OFFICIAL Panathinaikos thread TalkBasket 2 2,886 Oct 22, 2016, 8:20 pm