Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 without the NBA
The greed of the NBA and it's players is insatiable. I hope the lock-out is a never ending dilemma. The ludicrous amount of money that these spoiled brats receive is absolutely reprehensible. We don't want these prima donnas coming to Europe and draining our coffers period. I'll be following Euroball as it's preferable to NBA in my case. Laugh
In the NBA's case, "Show mustn't go on..." :p
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
(May 17, 2011, 4:43 pm)Black Urum Wrote: After yesterday's offer by NBA owners for a $45 hard salary cap I'm confident that there will be NBA players moving to Europe, no matter what happens.

First case if players reject the offer and there is a lock-out. This obviously will be the easiest case for European teams to lure some players. But even if the players accept the deal it means NBA teams will have to spend 25% less on players, so some players who won't got for a 25% pay cut will go to Europe anyway.

Exactly. The money that basketball players has gone through the roof too much, and saying that ANY basketball player is struggling to make ends meet is just because they live a super high-end lifestyle and they've frittered all their money down the drain. Serves them right. We normal people would be jumping through the roof if we manage to get 1,500-2,000 EUR a month in our job and we'd live pretty comfortable with it (at least those with half a brain). If NBA players suffering from not working because of the lock-out eventually starve, then so be it, go work as a bouncer or packing groceries or something. Life is hard as f*ck, deal with it you nannied little massively overpaid bitches.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Jan 5, 2011, 12:17 am)Scout200 Wrote: Many people are saying that a lockout is inevitable for the 2011-2012 season. What impact will it have on the NBA, players, fans.. and in general, America? Also, if there is a lockout, who would be to blame?

There will be a huge impact on the US basketball public. Rather a psychological impact at first. Once the lock-out comes to hault though, I'm sure things will normalize. What you all have to realise is that money doesn't grow on trees. There's always a limit that can't and won't be exceeded. There will be a massive financial impact as well, i.e. salary caps, sponsors, endorsements, etc..

Stern is no angel, he's a shrewd and in my mind, an untrustworthy individual. The blame can be attributed to both sides. In these harsh economic times though, reducing your spending and keeping within some type of budget framework, is a necessity!!! Some players are being paid ridiculous and astronomical amounts of money, Crazy and others are making peanuts in comparison. That gap needs to close a little, and a reduction in higher contracts should be implented, or the NBA won't survive in the long term. Biggrin
The minimum wage per year for an NBA player is $430 K. And those fuckers can't make ends meet? Let 'em survive on bread and olives Rolleyes
The best players in NBA should make not higher than 15m dollars!! Thup

Even football that is (sad but truth) most popular sport on planet give less money to players than NBA.

Only Samuel Eto has much money than NBA stars(20m euros = 26m dollars).

And Kobe have 24m dollars.
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
(Sep 23, 2011, 2:38 am)ZEUS Wrote: The minimum wage per year for an NBA player is $430 K. And those fuckers can't make ends meet? Let 'em survive on bread and olives Rolleyes

Bread and olives.. Rofl3 that's for the working and impoverished class.. they're into Lobster and French Champagne!!
(Sep 23, 2011, 12:31 pm)stefans Wrote: The best players in NBA should make not higher than 15m dollars!! Thup

Even football that is (sad but truth) most popular sport on planet give less money to players than NBA.

Only Samuel Eto has much money than NBA stars(20m euros = 26m dollars).

And Kobe have 24m dollars.

The contract ceiling for player payments/salaries should be NO more than $5-8 million, and that for the crème de la crème of the mix. Period!! Even that amount could derail a club!! Wink
(Sep 23, 2011, 9:55 pm)Fivepack Wrote: Bread and olives.. Rofl3 that's for the working and impoverished class.. they're into Lobster and French Champagne!!

That's what these otherwise talentless goons claim to be because of the lockout Rofl3
You can play on

True Basketball Manager is a new text-based basketball PC game. Head a professional basketball team to lead it to the champion title. Control all aspects of the process: be the club president, the manager, the head coach or all of them. Enjoy unlimited seasons with this accurate and realistic simulation of the league similar to NBA. TBM 2011 provides you with new features in the genre:
  • The league is not static and can extend from year to year by new generic clubs.

• Not a single legendary player will disappear if you play with the "Live Legends".

• You can create also your own club with a unique name and logo.

true-bm.com [url="http://true-bm.com/"]My link[/url]
FINALLY some real journalism from ESPN! This is my favorite article written about the lockout so far. It was titled "IDIOTS" but the title was quickly changed by ESPN. It was written by Jeff Macgregor 10/10/11:

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story...d-nonsense

Quote:The rich do some stupid things.

This mutual suicide pact among NBA owners, for example. They had another meeting Sunday night to suss out the details. Slow poison, or a quick bullet to the brain? We'll hear more about it Monday afternoon once NBA commissioner, executioner and grief counselor David Stern starts canceling regular season games. At least that's what we've been told. Or threatened. It's just the latest phony deadline in the absurd story of a nonsense lockout.

We're on the brink! The whole apparatus is at risk! Save us!

Idiots.

Sorry. I had a whole polite thing worked up. Lots of statistics. Reasonable. All points of view represented. But this is just deeply, impossibly stupid. In fact, the more I think about it, the angrier I get, and the more I realize that any owner who can't break even on professional sports in this country is a moron. Or a liar. Honestly. If you can't manage a pro team at a modest profit in the United States of America in the early years of the 21st century, you shouldn't be allowed to vote or operate a motor vehicle. You shouldn't be allowed near the stove.

At a time when the production and consumption of distraction are the only healthy sectors of the American economy, and when city, county, state and federal tax dollars pay for the arenas and the stadiums, to lose money on the operation of a pro sports franchise has to be grounds for involuntary psychiatric commitment. Or prosecution.

And if any of this sounds familiar, consider where we've heard it before.

The NBA, too big to fail!

What Now?

Deadlines sometimes force action. But if nothing happens today, don't worry. The sides have more to lose by cancelling games than by reaching a deal.

Andrew Brandt »

Because between the lines of all this basketball madness is just another example of the nitwit superrich expecting their employees and/or the government and/or the general public to bail them out.

Save us from ourselves! they cry. Save us from our cartoon greed and our lurid excesses!

These credit derivatives are a win-win-win right down the line!

These credit default swaps are in no way a ticking time bomb!

This Eddy Curry contract will never blow up in my face!

Never!

So here we are.

We'd watch more barnstorming Dwyane Wade and LeBron James and friends if the NBA cancels games.

Back to the sort of disaster capitalism we've seen from the leagues before. And from Wall Street. And from Congress. Another bogus stalemate in which the fan loses and for which the little guy pays. Same old con game standoff between management and labor.

OK. Fine. Let it fail. I'm tired of being played for a sucker.

There's basketball everywhere.

In an economy this bad, most of us will be happy to watch college ball the next six months; or the satellite package with Lega Basket Serie A on it and the Israeli Basketball Super League, down at the corner bar; or we'll thumb through our own season on the Xbox. Or just watch the kids play in the driveway. These are lean days, Clueless Billionaire.

Or maybe the players will start their own league and barnstorm from armory to armory the way they did it back when. The value in the NBA is the talent, after all. And as start-ups go, it wouldn't cost much: just $89 to incorporate in Delaware. Call it the Peoples' Traveling Basketball League (patent pending). Twenty bucks a seat.

Me? I'll go up to the Rucker, or over to 4th Street. Or I'll walk to Sara D. Roosevelt Park and watch the neighborhood game from a bench with the other old kibitzers. See some young men as gifted and ambitious and carefree as players anywhere. Beautiful to watch. Once it gets cold out, we'll move the game inside to the community center. Whole thing costs nothing. Unless we go around the corner to Yonah Schimmel's for knishes at halftime. Then it's $3.50. Try the kasha.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA Christmas Day ratings highest since 2011 NBA News 0 1,424 Dec 30, 2018, 1:27 am
Last Post: NBA News
  2012 NBA Season Preview Highlights Video bballman 44 27,314 Jan 8, 2013, 6:54 pm
Last Post: stefans
  2012 NBA Draft, 2012/2013 Signings, Rumours,Trades TeoTheGreek13 55 32,263 Nov 29, 2012, 3:04 pm
Last Post: TeoTheGreek13
  NBA playoffs 2012 MaccabiTA 7 6,026 May 3, 2012, 3:29 am
Last Post: Raze Lupin
  NBA highlights 2011-2012 HD FlameStudio 10 34,538 Feb 28, 2012, 1:40 pm
Last Post: Raze Lupin