Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israeli national cup
Only 4 teams remained standing in the Israeli national cup, today are the Semis, in thursday the Final.

The Final four of the Israeli cup takes place in nokia arena.

SEMI FINALS

Game 1:

Hapoel Tel Aviv (2nd division) vs. Barak Netanya (1st Division) 19:00 MONDAY

78-77 to Barak Netanya after a tight ending they managed to secure the spot in the final. Hapoel had double-figures lead a few times along the game but they couldn't manage to take it all the way to the end, Banks who was there for Netanya in the tough moments with some crucial three pointers was also the one to score the last point from the line, then he missed the 2nd shot on purpose with only 1.7 seconds left, Hapoel couldn't even get the rebound and definatly couldn't reach a comfertable shot. The end of the somewhat surprising way of the reds from the 2nd division in this year's cup

Game 2:

Maccabi Tel Aviv (1st division) vs. Maccabi Ashdod (1st division) 21:30 MONDAY

98-61 for Maccabi, another easy win, once again it was over in the first quarter that ended with 27-3 for Maccabi.. Yes Ashdod scored 3 points in the first 10 minutes... Not much to say about such game, 35 minutes of pure garbage time.

Obviously the main interest goes to Hapoel, the team that was revived by its fans and got up all the way from the very last division to the 2nd (this season) with no loss in league games untill this season, but they're very rich for their league and got some great players that went there for their love for the team and stuff like that, what everybody wants (except for the not many fans of Netanya and Ashdod Biggrin ) is a derby match in the fianl, I must admit I'd love to see those red assholes cry their way out of Nokia Arena after being bashed by 50 or so Biggrin

Talking about red, anybody noticed Hapoel Jerusalem is out? Tongue
Final

Maccabi Tel Aviv vs. Barak Netanya Thursday, 20:30 local time

Here comes the final, one team (Netanya) comes after a very tough match and a big victory in the last seconds, while the other team (Maccabi) comes after another game that ended pretty much as soon as it began with a storming first quarter of 27-3.

games between the teams this season

Maccabi Tel Aviv-Barak Netanya 117-69 (November 21st 2010)

Maccabi easily won the game at their home court, Eliyahu (21pts,9reb in 21min), Burstein (17pts in 20min) and Pargo (16pts,9ast in 25min) were too much for Netanya when only Travis (14) and Banks (10) scored in double figures for them, Maccabi dominated with 64% from behind the arc and 57% for 2 points while Netanya had only 40% for 2 and 27% for 3, no one can beat Maccabi with such stats.

Barak Netanya-Maccabi Tel Aviv 71-85 (January 23rd 2011)

Maccabi, once again won the game against Netanya but this time it wasn't easy at all, Netanya took an early lead and surprised Maccabi with 26-18 after 10 minutes. They had the momentum, the crowd was behind them but Maccabi woke up and there was nothing they could do about that, 24-9 for Maccabi in the 2nd quarter and 42-35 in halftime from there the difference only got bigger and Maccabi managed to get a win in the tough home court of Netanya.

Perkins led Maccabi with a crazy game of 28 points in 28 minutes, 12/12 free throws and 8/12 FG. Sofo was right behind him with 17 points in 28 minutes. For Netanya it was Travis who scored 19 and got 9 rebounds and Tony Washam that scored 15 but it wasn't enough to stop Maccabi.

Anyway, the obvious favorite is Maccabi, but in one game everything can happen. Netanya won't come to give up for the game but Maccabi's in a crazy streak of winning games by way too high difference Biggrin (Rome by 41-Beny HaSharon by 46-Ljubljana by 37-Ashdod by 37) that's 161 differnce in 4 games and no one can promise Netanya won't be the next victim of Blatt and his guys.
With 4 minutes to go in the 3rd, 67-41 to Maccabi.

Travis jumped on Blu, punching him and then Banks joined him, after that Sofo punched Banks, in the end all 4 are out.

It took a long time to seperate them.
In the end, no surprise Maccabi lifts 38th cup with 106-70.

First quarter was somewhat ok for Netanya with only 22-14 to Maccabi but then came 17-0 run that ended the game.

Pnini was the top scorer with 21 for Maccabi, Sofo added 16 and Macvan had 13
Congrats. Any pics/videos of the incident?
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

Right now I'm not home, so I only have my iPod touch from which I write right now.. But in Saturday when I'll have my computer you can be sure I'll find a vid and post it here Biggrin
I found a vid! It's in the article, in the top right after the title, just press the play button

http://sports.walla.co.il/?w=/151/1791735
Nothing too serious. But, it would be great if somehow we could avoid those things on sport events.

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.

(Feb 11, 2011, 12:31 pm)World of Basketball Wrote: Nothing too serious. But, it would be great if somehow we could avoid those things on sport events.

I agree, but what can you do when you got such bad losers? Funny thing about both Netanya players that got ejected:

They both got blocked by Perkins earlier in the game Biggrin

especially Travis who's 2.02 if I'm not wrong, he was blocked twice in a row by Perkins (1.89m)
(Feb 11, 2011, 12:34 pm)Black Urum Wrote:

Big Sofo to the rescue! Rofl3
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
MAccabiTA can you give me a link to the boxscores of the semi-finals and final of the Israeli Cup?

Here's what I found..

Final (Maccabi TA vs. Barak Netanya) http://www.safsal.co.il/eboxscore.aspx?id=16332

Semis:

Maccabi TA vs. Maccabi Ashdod http://www.safsal.co.il/eboxscore.aspx?id=16331

Barak Netanya vs. Hapoel Tel Aviv http://www.safsal.co.il/eboxscore.aspx?id=16330

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Israeli BSL 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 11 9,903 Jan 30, 2012, 8:59 pm
Last Post: MaccabiTA
  Israeli league signings and rumors 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 3 5,660 Jan 30, 2012, 8:33 pm
Last Post: alen
  Israeli playoffs and Final Four MaccabiTA 15 12,242 May 27, 2011, 12:04 am
Last Post: MaccabiTA
  Israeli BSL 2010/2011 MaccabiTA 8 8,624 Mar 7, 2011, 6:56 pm
Last Post: stefans
  Israeli final four 2009/10 MaccabiTA 21 14,853 May 29, 2010, 10:09 pm
Last Post: kobimel