Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite team
Gotta be San Antonio Spurs.

Started following them after I bought NBA Live 99 for my N64, which is still going to this day I'm proud to say. Weren't the best team on the game by any means, but they were my team of choice and played with them everytime.

Started getting into basketball a bit more about two years ago and followed the Spurs all the way to their Playoff triumph in the 04/05 season. We didn't so so well last season, but this season we seem to be on top of our game with the best record out of every team so far.
Dont know alot of teams, but i suppose san antonio spurs will be my number one team now, they were the first team i heard of, thanks to dave for the sig that gave me the name
Quote:The Dallas Mavericks.

so do i

i like Heat and Lakers aswell though
Quote:Dont know alot of teams, but i suppose san antonio spurs will be my number one team now, they were the first team i heard of, thanks to dave for the sig that gave me the name

Yes, a new fan of blatantly the best NBA team. Smile

Lakers, Mavs and Heat? Covering all your bases supporting most the of best teams... Rolleyes

*cough* GLORY HUNTER *cough* Wink
I'm a huge Lakers fan, although i do like the Mavs, I have a Nowitzki Jersey. Still a truel laker though........
So which NBA team do you all support then? and why if you can remember.

I support the New Orleans Hornets, the reason I support them is when the Hornets were still in Charlotte a few years back I watched one of their playoff games against the Magic and Baron Davis went off and killed it, Baron was instantly one of my favorite players and I started to follow him and obviously the Hornets, when Baron left the Hornets I had become a fan of the hornets so continued to follow them and here I am now. I'm liking the lok of the Hornets, think we could do with a bit more bench depth but we have a very solid starting five with one of the best pg running them in Chris Paul, i'm looking for us to get back in the playoffs this year and make some noise and it's great to see them back in New Orleans too!!
I'm with the 76ers all the way even though we aren't playing amazing basketball so far this season. I support them due to AI, the first one. I loved watching him play because he was small, thats it really, i brought his jearsy while i was in the States and that was that. Because of AI i also like Denver a tad, even though i don't like "Melo"...
Well, there isn't one team that I can really make a connection with, apart from the Nuggets. Recently and in the past. Mainly because of the involvement of Kleiza, who I really like as a player and I look forward to him improving as he has done already throughout this season. Sadly, he'll probably have to change teams to get any sort of opportunity because of the likes of Anthony, Iverson, Martin but so far injuries have given him the chances which he has taken, highlighted by that 41-point game after which he's carried on scoring solidly since. Bit of a dip recently even with the opportunity but you can't have it all.

Anthony's back in a game or two, Nene in March, it seems. We'll see what happens after that.

In general, I don't have a very good knowledge of the NBA and its history apart from the very basic information any basketball fan, however fanatical, would know.
The Cleveland Cavaliers are my favorite team. Unfortunately, they've broken my heart for many years. Finally, we're looking like a great team again. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of LeBron James, as good as he is.

I suppose I like the teams that individual players are on. Nash is always fun to watch, and so is Manu and Chris Paul. And I like Yao Ming because he's just huge. Biggrin
Quote:The Cleveland Cavaliers are my favorite team. Unfortunately, they've broken my heart for many years. Finally, we're looking like a great team again. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of LeBron James, as good as he is.

I suppose I like the teams that individual players are on. Nash is always fun to watch, and so is Manu and Chris Paul. And I like Yao Ming because he's just huge. Biggrin

What do you think about Big Z?
Quote:What do you think about Big Z?

Ilgauskas is great. He should've been an All-Star this year. Unfortunately, injuries really slowed his career. Still, Iglauskas is, and has been, one of the best centers in the East for a long time.

I know a lot of Lithuanians don't particularly like him because he hasn't played on the NT since he was 18 or 19. But, I still like him. He's been so important to our franchise nearly a half dozen years and Cavs fans really love him, like me.
I have supported the lakers ever since i started watching the NBA. I always liked los angeles so i guess thats y i support em
I like Timberwolves.Im supporting the team about 4 years now.Just the few years now Minnesota shows not very promising basketball, but I like this team anyway
i like Raptors ,because a lot of euro players :cool:
Boston Celtics, my moms side of the family is from Boston, and loved watching Bird and company back in the 80s althought it was rough watching them in the late 90s...

Then Utah (b/c of AK and Okur), Magic (I am from central FL), Heat (my favorite players JWill and Ricky Davis are on Miami), Toronto (Mostly international players whom play basketball the right way!)
Utah Jazz - I started really liking basketball after the NBA finals Bulls vs. Jazz. Everyone was for the Bulls and I'm a person who likes to seperate myself from the sheep. Stockton and Malone were great at those times.

Nowadays Utah still remains great with Sloan's basketball philosophy still present and the team is very international which makes their playing style interesting to watch.
My favorite is the Celtics. Paul Pierce was once stabbed around 11-12 times in the back, neck, and face. He survived. He also had a quick recovery, and now is back leading the team for the last few years. Adding Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, who has the best jumpshot in the game, helped BIG. Now Boston is on it's way to winning a NBA Championship.
[Image: aug282007_kobe.jpg]
Quote:Now Boston is on it's way to winning a NBA Championship.

Please dont jinx us, I've been waiting since 86' for another one... Ohmy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 273 Oct 18, 2021, 4:43 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Inside the Lakers' quest to turn a star-studded roster into a championship team ESPN NBA 0 267 Oct 16, 2021, 2:03 am
  Mock draft: 10-team, head-to-head points ESPN NBA 0 292 Sep 29, 2021, 10:04 pm
  Fantasy basketball mock draft: 10-team, head-to-head points ESPN NBA 0 300 Sep 29, 2021, 9:08 am
  Virus forces Mexico City G League team to Texas ESPN NBA 0 305 Sep 17, 2021, 12:06 am