Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deron Williams vs. Chris Paul
So New Orleans played against the Utah Jazz last night. As always, the match between two teams is very interesting because the two teams have the two best young PG's in the league. I expected to see a 30pts 15ast performance from at least one of them, but last night was a bit different.

Deron Williams: 4 points (2/11 FG) and 16 assists

Chris Paul: 4 points (2/11 FG) and 9 assists

Biggrin

Very interesting statistics - both had a lot of assists but couldn't score points...

Luckily for the Jazz, Memo Okur got 22 points and 17 rebounds and secured a 77-66 win for Utah... (a rather European score too) Smile
Honestly both are very very similar. I think Paul has the better offensive tools but Deron has the more well rounded game. They both play solid defense, nothing spectacular, Deron rebounds better, Paul is a better shooter, and both LOVE to penetrate and dish.

I think both are VERY VERY good and are 2a and 2b as far as best PGs in the league. (Behind Nash, with a few others pretty close behind....)
Both very young. Eventually, they'll get to the MVP voting. Paul already is - but Williams - still has some work.
[Image: aug282007_kobe.jpg]
Quote:Both very young. Eventually, they'll get to the MVP voting. Paul already is - but Williams - still has some work.

Williams has the same ability as Paul to get the MVP, but in the Jazz there is Carlos Boozer who shares the leadership with Deron, while in New Orleans Chris Paul is the ultimate leader.
I do agree. IF Boozer wasn't in Utah, he'd be a Chris Paul. But you know - he's not as outstanding in assists as Paul. But don't get me wrong: Williams is a superstar. He's more of the points than assists.
When it comes to size and talent, it's Chris Paul for me all the way!!!
While Williams is really a great, great player, it's not even close guys.

Chris Paul is by far and away the best PG in the NBA and he's carrying the Hornets to the western elite thisis year.
Quote:Chris Paul is by far and away the best PG in the NBA and he's carrying the Hornets to the western elite thisis year.

please describe FAR and AWAY...last I checked the west was ultra competive and "Carrying" may be a bit of a stretch considering he has another all-star on the squad (David West) and maybe one of the best defensive players in the NBA.

Take a look at their stats, pretty close also....so while Paul is agruably better, FAR and AWAY, i dont think so.

Alot more publicity I will agree...
I think those stats show how overlooked they both are on the defensive end. But both still found ways to get team mates involved when pressured.
Quote:I think those stats show how overlooked they both are on the defensive end. But both still found ways to get team mates involved when pressured.

I agree on your statement. Assists are a big thing that wins games, and Paul and Williams are GREAT examples of that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex-NBA star D. Williams on Paul-Fury undercard ESPN NBA 0 336 Nov 7, 2021, 4:38 am
Last Post: ESPN NBA
  Fantasy basketball daily notes for Tuesday: Big night for Jayson Tatum, Paul George ESPN NBA 0 252 Oct 27, 2021, 12:31 pm
  Without Kawhi Leonard, Paul George pledged to carry the Clippers through Game 5 ESPN NBA 0 299 Jun 18, 2021, 7:25 pm
  CP3, Williams savor shared journey as Suns sweep ESPN NBA 0 299 Jun 15, 2021, 8:01 pm
  'It is what it is': Playoff injuries haunt Chris Paul vs. Lakers ESPN NBA 0 392 May 28, 2021, 8:55 pm