Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maccabi Tel Aviv 2009/2010
thinkin of blu another time , is says how macca is getting a normal team
Quote:Acoording to the Israeli media Maciej Lampe agreed terms with Maccabi (1.1 Million $ per year for 2 years). the only thing between Lampe and Maccabi is Lampe release from Khimki Moscow, but Khimki don't want to pay the rest of Lampe contract.
now with official added of bluth. we official can say we 'll have very hard days nex year. it means we really have no money to build a good team
Is there any confirmation about Lazme transfer from Partizan?

We're like on the needles hoping you will sign Massey from Real so we can still hope Stephen will stay with us...
casspi and ely out , eventually lasme and surely blueth in. what a poor macca. it could be the worst macca of last decade
In my opinion Lasme is a solid signing? Why do you think he's not a good choice?
Some Croatian sites stated that Lasme signed 2-year deal today...
lasme is only a good player,not great and players we lost were stronger and stronger:halperin, morris last year,ely casspi now. we'd need shooter first of all and a great team shuold add players like hansen lavrinovic kelati langford rakocevic for example play maker like kus or prigioni , shuold try players like nesterovic mickal tepic, not bluethental. undesrtand what i mean?
I think it's going to be worse than expected. Now with Omri Casspi in the nba the other up and comers are going to get feedback on what they need to work on to play at the next level. It wouldn't surprise me if maccabi won around 60% of their games.
day by day adding lampe bloth and maybe edison and wienisky(why aren't dey still official?) i hjave to say we are soo far form beste team and i even think we'd risk to stop ad first round. anyway i see that next for season macca still wanna play JUST under the basket. that's the main error even bigger than having good or bad team. we are only in europe who doesn't consider the long shot and have offensive option from shooters . european basket is changed a lot , now every team 's offensive way of play always in build to have the under basket optionand the long shot option as the balcanian style teach to every team. so that's the way of playing in spain, greece, lithuania, russia, and more. if u just search the under basket option is easy to stop u. if i have to imagine defending maccabi offensive option, it will be enough to let long players together under the basket,as many teams done last euroleague to stiop us. i'm very disappointed of pini first and of rooster than
edison finally but absolutely we are still soo far from best team
Maccabi Finally (almost) closed the roster for the 2009-2010 season. Maccabi already signed all the foregin player for the upcoming season, and what is left is only another Israeli guard, the contenders: (1) Tal Burstien - that played the last 9 season's in MTA and in the last 3 season's is recovering from injuries. Burstien want's to keep his salary around 500,000 $ and Maccabi want to cut down the contract to about 250,000 $. probably will leave.

(2) Meir Tapiro - the experienced Israeli PG his highly rumored to Maccabi (as almost every season), the lack of talnted Israeli's may finally fulfill Tapiro dream to play in Maccabi and win a championship.

(3) Gal Mekel - the young Israeli prospect was loaned from Maccabi last season to Galil/Gilboa from the Israeli league, in Galil/Gilboa he was great toward the end of the season. Shimon Mizrahi (Maccabi chairman) sayed that he will probably join Maccabi.

so, after a short but busy two month's, here is Maccabi (almost) final roster:

PG Andrew Wisniewski, PG/SG Raviv Limonad, SG Derrick Sharp, PG/SG/SF Chuck Eidson, SG/SF Alan Anderson, SF Guy Pnini, SF/PF David Bluthenthal, PF Stephane Lasme, PF/C Maciej Lampe, PF/C D'Or Fischer, C Yaniv Green.

and one (or maybe even two) of: SG/SF Tal Burstien, PG Meir Tapiro, PG Gal Mekel.

To where this roster can take Maccabi in the Euroleague- another Final-Four or another stop at the Top-16?

It is pretty obvious that Maccabi finished building the roster almost a month ago (there were rumores of Eidson signging in Maccabi even before the Eurocup final), is it better to finish building the team so soon, or Maccabi should have waited for other players later this summer?

In my opinion, there is a lot of potential for this Maccabi team. it is all depend on the chemistry (I know I didn't sayed much - this is what happening in all team's...). I can see Maccabi in the Final-Four (but also last year I thought we will advance up to the Final-Four...)
Quote:Maccabi Finally (almost) closed the roster for the 2009-2010 season. Maccabi already signed all the foregin player for the upcoming season, and what is left is only another Israeli guard, the contenders: (1) Tal Burstien - that played the last 9 season's in MTA and in the last 3 season's is recovering from injuries. Burstien want's to keep his salary around 500,000 $ and Maccabi want to cut down the contract to about 250,000 $. probably will leave.

(2) Meir Tapiro - the experienced Israeli PG his highly rumored to Maccabi (as almost every season), the lack of talnted Israeli's may finally fulfill Tapiro dream to play in Maccabi and win a championship.

(3) Gal Mekel - the young Israeli prospect was loaned from Maccabi last season to Galil/Gilboa from the Israeli league, in Galil/Gilboa he was great toward the end of the season. Shimon Mizrahi (Maccabi chairman) sayed that he will probably join Maccabi.

so, after a short but busy two month's, here is Maccabi (almost) final roster:

PG Andrew Wisniewski, PG/SG Raviv Limonad, SG Derrick Sharp, PG/SG/SF Chuck Eidson, SG/SF Alan Anderson, SF Guy Pnini, SF/PF David Bluthenthal, PF Stephane Lasme, PF/C Maciej Lampe, PF/C D'Or Fischer, C Yaniv Green.

and one (or maybe even two) of: SG/SF Tal Burstien, PG Meir Tapiro, PG Gal Mekel.

To where this roster can take Maccabi in the Euroleague- another Final-Four or another stop at the Top-16?

It is pretty obvious that Maccabi finished building the roster almost a month ago (there were rumores of Eidson signging in Maccabi even before the Eurocup final), is it better to finish building the team so soon, or Maccabi should have waited for other players later this summer?

In my opinion, there is a lot of potential for this Maccabi team. it is all depend on the chemistry (I know I didn't sayed much - this is what happening in all team's...). I can see Maccabi in the Final-Four (but also last year I thought we will advance up to the Final-Four...)

gambit we are both maccabi's fan but i'm surprised how we have so different opinion.

i think that we even run the risk don't qualify for top 16.

well first of all, there are at least 10 teams stronger than us. cska kimki at least three spanish, pana , oly , efes, siena and maybe i forgot some team

also, and mainly we continue to build team to play an american way of play basket . actually every team in europe play the "yugoslavia's"style, that means search the basket from long range, giving importance to the long shot, to the sweet hands. we still play just under the basket and don't consider the long shot way of offense. this year too , pini wanted a team who play to search the longer play under the basket but is a sucide and give other team easy option to defend us.

about players , the only one who is really good is edison. anderson is a normal player as lampe too. lasme is just a power fisical player and fischer is much better than him. we'd need halperin not surely burnstein o mekel to complete the rooster
I'm sure that Maccabi will qualify to the top-16, 4 team's from the 6 team's in the group will qualify, and Maccabi is better than at least 3 team's in the group (only Vitoria and CSKA are maybe better than Maccabi).

if you ask me, Maccabi is going to stop at the playoff, and even maybe qualify to the final-four. this season Maccabi doesn't have any "star" (like Arroyo) but every player in the starting five is great.
gambit i 'd like to believe in your hope but it seems u did'nt see other roosters. anyway the only good new is arroyo out. he was a real disaster of last season. in your opinion wich are really great players on macca this year? i think just fischer and edison are huge.others are really mediumm level players
Im my opinion we have great player's. every Cibona fan will tell you that Alan Anderson is the best foregin player even played in Croatia. Anderson is really a big scorer that in my opinion could be a European-Superstar by the end of the year.

Eidson and Fischer are great, Lampe played in Khimki and in the NBA and he one of the best Center's that were available this summer, Lasme could be a surprise - he led Partizan to the playoff of the Euroleague, and this kind of player is always great in Maccabi (in some aspects he is very similar to Fischer and Terrence Morris).

It is a shame that we lost Eliyahu to Vitoria... but this will be more relevent in the Israeli league where Israeli players are needed.
alan anderson in italy was a disaster , also he has very bad percent as long shooter in cibona(33,%) and we need shooters not penetrators. lasme is a normal power center. partizan last year had maaany great players, he was the less talented and the worst starting five of partizan. gambit,we are good under basket with fischer, lampe and lasme,but we haven't great shooters and that is something that make differnent today in el. we contniue to base our basket searching long players but basket today is something else. blutho is three ys who has percent very bad . just edison is great shooter. anyway we still need one player . sombody says it will be mekel , anybody says(as i hope) it will be halperin? last thing: i know there are great shooters in israeli lueague. why macca didn't find one there?
Bluthantal is a great shooter! the best quality in him is his shooting abilty!

Halperin isn't an option right now, there isn't any rumor considering him and Maccabi.

in Israel there aren't so many that great shooter's...

by the way Lampe can also shoot from a 3-point line (but he doesn't do that much).
Quote:alan anderson in italy was a disaster , also he has very bad percent as long shooter in cibona(33,%) and we need shooters not penetrators. lasme is a normal power center. partizan last year had maaany great players, he was the less talented and the worst starting five of partizan. gambit,we are good under basket with fischer, lampe and lasme,but we haven't great shooters and that is something that make differnent today in el. we contniue to base our basket searching long players but basket today is something else. blutho is three ys who has percent very bad . just edison is great shooter. anyway we still need one player . sombody says it will be mekel , anybody says(as i hope) it will be halperin? last thing: i know there are great shooters in israeli lueague. why macca didn't find one there?

That's Virus problem, not Anderson.

In Cibona he was more then excellent.

I can't see Ljubliana, Rome and QF team better then MTA.
I think there is talent for limited success but I don't see management getting the most out of their talent. This is a team that let a solid core of Halperin, Casspi, and Eliyahu walk away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OFFICIAL Maccabi Tel-Aviv Thread TalkBasket 0 2,089 Sep 8, 2018, 8:31 am
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2014/2015 TalkBasket 3 7,354 Feb 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2012/2013 alen 14 15,549 Oct 25, 2012, 5:52 pm
Last Post: israelsportsradio
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2011/2012 MaccabiTA 92 59,660 Mar 17, 2012, 3:06 pm
Last Post: Roy M
  Maccabi Tel Aviv 2010/2011 yking 84 52,248 May 26, 2011, 3:41 pm
Last Post: Kenneth23