TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums
2010/11 season signings and rumours - Printable Version

+- TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: EUROLEAGUE (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2010/11 season signings and rumours (/thread-918.html)

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Roy M - Jun 28, 2010

[quote name='Efes4ever' date='28 June 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1277750847' post='23332']

Andrew Wisniewski officially at EFES

http://www.basketdergisi.com/efeste-wisniewski-iddiasi.html

[/quote]

It's going to be huge fan.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Maccabi_Fan19 - Jun 28, 2010

former Maccabi players signing for teams..in a day that no one said even one thing about Maccabi..I feel like I'm on drugs..I just want one name!! I don't have a problem!! I can stop whenever I want!!

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Freddito - Jun 28, 2010

[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='28 June 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1277740367' post='23325']

Strange. Zisis is better than both of them. Does that mean Zisis is leaving Siena?

[/quote]

[size="4"]WHAT?[/size] [size="3"]WHY?[/size] Zisis is the only person in the world that has less basketball skills than... me and earns 1.5 M$ a year. Cabezas is a world class player, has nothing to do with average players like Zisis. IMO....

2010/11 season signings and rumours - TalkBasket - Jun 28, 2010

Quote:Georgios Bartzokas, also a candidate to coach Zalgiris Kaunas

The list of candidates to coach Zalgiris Kaunas next season has another name. The new one is Georgios Bartzokas, currently in charge of Maroussi BC, though the 42-year-old coach could leave the Greek club this summer. Other names that could be in the short list of Zalgiris are Rimas Kurtinaitis, Aco Petrovic, Stevan Karadzic and Aleksandar Trifunovic.

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/06/georgios-bartzokas-also-candidate-to.html

Interesting. The new coach will probably be Petrovic who is coming to Kaunas. It would be strange if he came here and no deal was made. On the other hand, Romanov probably isn't type of manager who would be travelling himself to visit potential candidate and discuss potential deal.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Naxon - Jun 28, 2010

Is the Fischer-to-Real deal is 100% close? Because they (Real) posted a message that says they are angry about the post of Maccabi that Fischer is on his way to sign with them... And additionally, Real didn't post anything about it...

2010/11 season signings and rumours - forum troll - Jun 28, 2010

[quote name='Freddito' date='28 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1277755240' post='23336']

[size="4"]WHAT?[/size] [size="3"]WHY?[/size] Zisis is the only person in the world that has less basketball skills than... me and earns 1.5 M$ a year. Cabezas is a world class player, has nothing to do with average players like Zisis. IMO....

[/quote]

Cabezas is a very good player. But Zisis is better than him.

Are you saying this guy is terrible?

[y]ElFDV8vi7Qc[/y]

[quote name='Vilius' date='28 June 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1277757908' post='23339']

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/06/georgios-bartzokas-also-candidate-to.html

Interesting. The new coach will probably be Petrovic who is coming to Kaunas. It would be strange if he came here and no deal was made. On the other hand, Romanov probably isn't type of manager who would be travelling himself to visit potential candidate and discuss potential deal.

[/quote]

They should definitely go after Bartzokas. He's the best coach in Europe IMO.

Felipe Reyes re-signed with Real Madrid for 3 years at €4.5 million euros (€1.5 million per season).

Nikos Zisis agreed to extend with Siena for 2 more years at €2 million euros (€1 million per season).

2010/11 season signings and rumours - forum troll - Jun 29, 2010

Minnesota Timberwolves offered Nikola Pekovic a 3 year $15 million contract. Remember NBA contracts are only in gross numbers and not net like European ones.

http://prasinanea.gr/basket/article385975.ece

Houston Rockets trying to get him also and would offer 3 years and $21 million.

http://www.sentragoal.gr/article.asp?catid=10601&subid=2&pubid=18714659

2010/11 season signings and rumours - forum troll - Jun 29, 2010

Spanoulis wants to go to Olympiacos according to this because.......

1. He is upset that Diamantidis and Nicholas get more playing time than him.

2. He is angry at PAO fans because they always blame him for every loss and never give him any credit for wins.

3. He is angry at PAO fans for blaming him for losses and if he plays bad in games in which he plays while injured but the team asks him to play.

etc................

Yep, just like I said. All the PAO fans making fun of him during games, chanting bad things, writing bad things on message boards...........what did they expect?

http://www.gazzetta.gr/basket/a1/item/89500

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Roy M - Jun 29, 2010

Is it any news about Saras?

Accordind to Ynet on Sunday, "in 48 hours Saras will know if he'll come to Maccabi or stays in Pao".

2010/11 season signings and rumours - stefans - Jun 29, 2010

Unicaja Malaga agreed terms with their captain 30-year old domestic swingman Berni Rodriguez to stay for another two seasons.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - straight forward - Jun 29, 2010

Acording to Lrytas, Petrovič will be the head coach of Žalgiris Kaunas.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Freddito - Jun 29, 2010

[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='29 June 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1277765982' post='23344']

Cabezas is a very good player. But Zisis is better than him.

Are you saying this guy is terrible?

[y]ElFDV8vi7Qc[/y]

[/quote]

I don't....But his stats are screaming. [size="4"]MEDIOCRE!!!!!![/size]

Not superb on shooting, average passing, good drive, good defence, average decision maker. Which of those does Halperin not have? Well... I don't like Halperin. He and Zisis are players for O. Ljibljana, AEK or Hapoel. NOT for Maccabi, Siena, Oly nad CSKA. That's what I mean

2010/11 season signings and rumours - forum troll - Jun 30, 2010

[quote name='Freddito' date='29 June 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1277842859' post='23358']

I don't....But his stats are screaming. [size="4"]MEDIOCRE!!!!!![/size]

Not superb on shooting, average passing, good drive, good defence, average decision maker. Which of those does Halperin not have? Well... I don't like Halperin. He and Zisis are players for O. Ljibljana, AEK or Hapoel. NOT for Maccabi, Siena, Oly nad CSKA. That's what I mean

[/quote]

Well to me Halperin is way more talented than Zisis. But Halperin is the biggest choker I've ever seen in history. No team that wants to win anything should touch him. Zisis is a very good player if he is allowed to get a steady rhythm. He needs to be a starting point guard and to get a lot of playing time. Then he starts to get a good rhythm and he performs well. He should have a good season next year I think.

Siena is planning on him as a starting point guard for the next 3 years. Not just anyone can start at point guard for a team like Siena.

[quote name='Roy M' date='29 June 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1277807931' post='23352']

Is it any news about Saras?

Accordind to Ynet on Sunday, "in 48 hours Saras will know if he'll come to Maccabi or stays in Pao".

[/quote]

I think it's related to the Spanoulis issue. PAO is supposed to withdraw their offer to Spanoulis if he does not sign with them by then. Also, PAO has to pay McIntyre's buyout before June 30th if they want to get him from Siena.

These two issues are holding up what will happen to Saras. Obviously, if Spanoulis leaves as is strongly rumored (Olympiacos, Real Madrid, or 76ers) and if they don't get McIntyre (Olympiacos and Malaga also want him) then they will definitely keep Saras for sure I would think.

We will see what happens.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Roy M - Jun 30, 2010

[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='30 June 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1277857937' post='23360']

I think it's related to the Spanoulis issue. PAO is supposed to withdraw their offer to Spanoulis if he does not sign with them by then. Also, PAO has to pay McIntyre's buyout before June 30th if they want to get him from Siena.

These two issues are holding up what will happen to Saras. Obviously, if Spanoulis leaves as is strongly rumored (Olympiacos, Real Madrid, or 76ers) and if they don't get McIntyre (Olympiacos and Malaga also want him) then they will definitely keep Saras for sure I would think.

We will see what happens.

[/quote]

June 30th is right now....

Thnx any way.

BTW: Saras is a FA, no?

2010/11 season signings and rumours - forum troll - Jun 30, 2010

[quote name='Roy M' date='30 June 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1277858856' post='23361']

June 30th is right now....

Thnx any way.

BTW: Saras is a FA, no?

[/quote]

Yes he is a free agent. That's what I mean about June 30th. We will know soon. Because if McIntyre is not bought out by then he will play for Siena next season.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - Roy M - Jun 30, 2010

[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='30 June 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1277859071' post='23362']

Yes he is a free agent. That's what I mean about June 30th. We will know soon. Because if McIntyre is not bought out by then he will play for Siena next season.

[/quote]

I know that MTA is waiting to saras, too...

So, during the day all will be clear.

2010/11 season signings and rumours - SicKabba - Jun 30, 2010

Marko Keselj, Nemanja Nedovic, Elmedin Kikanovic and Lazar Radosavljevic leave Red Star due to financial reasons at the club

2010/11 season signings and rumours - yking - Jun 30, 2010

Nemanja Nedovic isn't he on the junior team?

2010/11 season signings and rumours - yking - Jun 30, 2010

cska released pops

2010/11 season signings and rumours - TalkBasket - Jun 30, 2010

Could our Serbian members tell us more about Aco Petrovic? Some say he's typical Serbian coach. Petrovic himself said that he trusts young players. Is that true?