TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums
Old school member from 24sec forums - Printable Version

+- TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums)
+-- Forum: The World Around (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: INTRODUCE YOURSELF (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Old school member from 24sec forums (/thread-903.html)

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - May 26, 2010

Hey guys, I forgot to make a formal topic about introducing myself to the forum here, REALLY love the look and the richness of the forum.

I used to be an old school member on the old Euro basketball forums on 24 sec, but unfortunately it has died over time, so I needed a new place to start chatting about everyone's favourite sport on here, basketball!

I hope to get to know more about you guys in the future as time progresses! Crazy

Old school member from 24sec forums - TalkBasket - May 26, 2010

I think I already welcomed you in another thread but it's not hard to do that again here Biggrin Welcome to Tb It's interesting to read your views on the forum so I hope you will stay here for good Thup

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - May 26, 2010

Thanks once more for the welcome Smile

Yeah I really like the organization (and the forum skin too!!!!) of talkbasket. If you haven't noticed, I've already been powerposting my way around the forum sections already!

The WC will be coming at the end of the summer so we'll have loads to talk about and bash each other when results come through Bag

Laugh

Old school member from 24sec forums - Led00 - May 27, 2010

Hey, dude, welcome aboard. Hope we will chat often Wink

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - May 27, 2010

^ Thanks Grobari bro Wink

Old school member from 24sec forums - MaccabiTA - May 27, 2010

Hi Smile welcome to TalkBasket! Wink

Old school member from 24sec forums - Sagenas - May 27, 2010

Welcome. Smile

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - May 30, 2010

Thanks guys Smile

Old school member from 24sec forums - skangles - Jun 6, 2010

Welcome to the board Zeus! Ha! Laugh

Like Zeus, I used to post on 24sec.net for several years before it died. This place seems to have a great posting community with a really nice vibe so it looks like I have found a new home here as well. Thanks for the recommendation Zeus.

I lived in Vilnius a few years back and became a big fan of Lietuvos Rytas and the Lithuanian National team. Besides Rytas, I have been a Milwaukee Bucks fan my entire life.

Old school member from 24sec forums - kobimel - Jun 6, 2010

Welcome skangles!

Old school member from 24sec forums - Sagenas - Jun 6, 2010

(Jun 6, 2010, 12:30 am)skangles Wrote: Welcome to the board Zeus! Ha! Laugh

Like Zeus, I used to post on 24sec.net for several years before it died.  This place seems to have a great posting community with a really nice vibe so it looks like I have found a new home here as well.  Thanks for the recommendation Zeus.

I lived in Vilnius a few years back and became a big fan of Lietuvos Rytas and the Lithuanian National team.  Besides Rytas, I have been a Milwaukee Bucks fan my entire life.

Welcome. Smile

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - Jun 7, 2010

(Jun 6, 2010, 12:30 am)skangles Wrote: Welcome to the board Zeus! Ha! Laugh

Like Zeus, I used to post on 24sec.net for several years before it died.  This place seems to have a great posting community with a really nice vibe so it looks like I have found a new home here as well.  Thanks for the recommendation Zeus.

I lived in Vilnius a few years back and became a big fan of Lietuvos Rytas and the Lithuanian National team.  Besides Rytas, I have been a Milwaukee Bucks fan my entire life.

About time!

Where's Eyal? Wink Bag

Old school member from 24sec forums - suricata - Jun 10, 2010

Welcome all. Nice to have a PAOK fan on board, doesn't come up very often

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - Jun 10, 2010

Yeah PAOK hasn't been doing very well for quite some years now. The only thing it manages is creating some good players and then selling them Rolleyes

But what can I do, I used to play for them up until junior level Tongue

Old school member from 24sec forums - suricata - Jun 11, 2010

trust in soulis. fill up the arena in every game Wink

Old school member from 24sec forums - ZEUS - Jun 11, 2010

Well we finished the season in a decent position (5th). But I want to see PAOK having a good enough team to have a shot playing (and playing in a final) in the Eurocup Challenge or ULEB Cup, Euroleague is out of the question with the team's finances being in such shambles, and x amount of millions being owed Tongue

Old school member from 24sec forums - suricata - Jun 11, 2010

(Jun 11, 2010, 12:55 am)ZEUS Wrote: Well we finished the season in a decent position (5th). But I want to see PAOK having a good enough team to have a shot playing (and playing in a final) in the Eurocup Challenge or ULEB Cup, Euroleague is out of the question with the team's finances being in such shambles, and x amount of millions being owed Tongue

in a couple of years you will have stojakovic. either as a player or as a president Tongue. that should attract both sponsors and fans. if managed correctly, impossible is nothing. (all that if peja ever returns to paok)

Hahaha, that's true, Peja does love the place, his wife is Greek, so he'd probably get his ear chewed off by the missus if he didn't return back Biggrin

That's quite a positive spin you put on it, I really hope we can pull our sh*t together and get some serious sponsorship and build a solid team, based more upon Greeks than on foreigners.

Old school member from 24sec forums - Black Urum - Jun 11, 2010

Welcome aboard man.

McRae, what a player! I still got the 1998 A1 finals on a VHS tape!

Good times...

Too bad McRae is not amongst us any more Sad

He was one of best foreigner additions to the team in terms never giving up, but he used to jump up into the crowds (if he was on the bench injured) and he would party up with the PAOK fans. He was an all-round great guy. RIP