TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums
Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Printable Version

+- TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums)
+-- Forum: National Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: OTHER COUNTRIES (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Serbian team in Baltic League !! (/thread-491.html)



Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Mar 29, 2011

White Eagles Stockholm is one of the most successful Serbian basketball clubs abroad, and has over 3,000 members.

Eagles cherished tradition of the Serbian basketball and fight for the reputation of the Serbian people in Swedish society. They are currently and the first in the Swedish League 2, Group North, and preparing, as the first Serbian team, to play in the Baltic League. This year will host a Final Four of the first Swedish league for the first time in the history of the Serbian diaspora, the Eagles and KSF Srbija Malmo (Group South), will fight for gold in a foreign Federal League.


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - skangles - Apr 6, 2011

Quote:White Eagles Stockholm is one of the most successful Serbian basketball clubs abroad, and has over 3,000 members.

Eagles cherished tradition of the Serbian basketball and fight for the reputation of the Serbian people in Swedish society. They are currently and the first in the Swedish League 2, Group North, and preparing, as the first Serbian team, to play in the Baltic League. This year will host a Final Four of the first Swedish league for the first time in the history of the Serbian diaspora, the Eagles and KSF Srbija Malmo (Group South), will fight for gold in a foreign Federal League.

I don't get it, are they are team with predominatly Serbian imports? Or a team for Serbian imigrants in Sweden? Are there any non-serbs on the team?


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Apr 7, 2011

Quote:I don't get it, are they are team with predominatly Serbian imports? Or a team for Serbian imigrants in Sweden? Are there any non-serbs on the team?

They have non-serbs in team.

Here is roster:

10 Perisic Aleksandar Serbian
13 Damjanovic Dragan Serbian
14 Femic Davor Montenegrin
4 Mesanovic Nermin Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 Teckle Eyobelyou Swedish
9 Batsos Epameinondas Greek
6 Djinovic Marko Serbian
15 Micovic Aleksandar Serbian
7 Gripsios Petros Greek
11 Nuhic Amer Bosnia and Herzegovina
8 Haag Ramendra Swedish
4 Lagumdzija Aljosa Swedish- he is origin from Serbia
12 Lindholm Johannes Swedish

Some are from Serbia.Some are born in Sweden.But don't forget that these from Bosnia and Montenegro are practically domestic players in this team.


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 13, 2011

But they will play in Challenge Cup.


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Apr 14, 2011

Quote:But they will play in Challenge Cup.

In second league. Agree


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 15, 2011

Quote:In second league. Agree

Yeah, that's second league. Interesting how strong they are...if they are as strong as Barsy then it's bullshit...and even Lithuanian clubs dominate both leagues (except few teams - VEF, Ventspils, Rock) ...as Kurtinaitis said: "Enough to go to deepest Latvian and Estonian villages to teach them play basketball."


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Apr 18, 2011

White Eagles wins second league

Quote:Long-awaited, historic match in which the Serbian basketball club "White Eagles" (White Eagles), also the organizers of the Final Four won their first title in Sweden. The team from Stockholm, who delighted the year our diaspora and broke all records in attendance, in the finals was better than Tabi Basket 74:63.

Great atmosphere in the hall in which to play White Eagles has been completed by Vlade Divac, Dejan Bodiroga, and Sasha Djordjevic who is using the video-beam addressed supporters. In Dubious game delirium occurred when the siren marked the end. The celebration could begin ...

"Eagles" are the pride of all of us in the diaspora and I am glad that we are on such a magnificent way to represent our nation. We have shown the way all of our teams in the diaspora that has no boundaries. I thank, of course, and all our loyal supporters without whom it would be this kind of atmosphere - were the first words of Goran Popov, president of the White Eagles.

The most efficient in the final match was Aleksandar Perisic, who scored 29 points, while the final tournament MVP Davor Femic‡, captain of the Eagles'.



Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Apr 18, 2011

Quote:Yeah, that's second league. Interesting how strong they are...if they are as strong as Barsy then it's bullshit...and even Lithuanian clubs dominate both leagues (except few teams - VEF, Ventspils, Rock) ...as Kurtinaitis said: "Enough to go to deepest Latvian and Estonian villages to teach them play basketball."

Sweden are not soo talented in basketball i'm think that they are worst.But Serbian team with support can do something. Wink


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 18, 2011

Quote:Sweden are not soo talented in basketball i'm think that they are worst.But Serbian team with support can do something. Wink

I don't think they'll be very great in Challange Cup..but who knows...less Lithuanian teams next year there Biggrin 2 more teams promoted to Elite Division. That BBL is joke to grow Latvian and Estonian basketball...only clubs who can play against us normally is VEF, Ventspils, Rock...we may also count Kalev/Cramo sometimes...and sometimes Dolphins...other teams are nothing good...


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - stefans - Apr 19, 2011

Quote:I don't think they'll be very great in Challange Cup..but who knows...less Lithuanian teams next year there Biggrin 2 more teams promoted to Elite Division. That BBL is joke to grow Latvian and Estonian basketball...only clubs who can play against us normally is VEF, Ventspils, Rock...we may also count Kalev/Cramo sometimes...and sometimes Dolphins...other teams are nothing good...

Yes.But without Zalgiris and Lietuvos that League losing quality.


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 19, 2011

Quote:Yes.But without Zalgiris and Lietuvos that League losing quality.

With Rytas and Žalgiris that league is not interesting to follow Unsure


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Led00 - Apr 19, 2011

What do u mean by that?


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 20, 2011

Quote:What do u mean by that?

I mean that they are only good teams of highest level. They justp lay well and can beat each other while about other teams...money money money means the most.


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Led00 - Apr 21, 2011

Oh, yeah, I thought that u want to say how league would be much better without them Tongue


Serbian team in Baltic League !! - Sagenas - Apr 22, 2011

And it would ;]] this regular season was very interesting.