TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums
Greatest memory - Printable Version

+- TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General Basketball Forums (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-general-basketball-forums)
+--- Forum: GENERAL BASKETBALL DISCUSSIONS (https://www.talkbasket.net/forums/forum-general-basketball-discussions)
+--- Thread: Greatest memory (/thread-greatest-memory)

Pages: 1 2

Greatest memory - TalkBasket - Mar 19, 2006

Mine is Eurobasket 2003 when Lithuania became champions for the 3rd time in history. We were simply too good for anyone else Cool

[Image: stombergasoh1.jpg]

Team captain Saulius Stombergas taking the cup

[Image: eurobasket20032de1.jpg]

Lithuania team with president Valdas Adamkus

[Image: eurobasket20033qb1.jpg]

Celebrating with the fans

[Image: eurobasket20034wb2.jpg]

Again the best fans in the world - Lithuanian fans

There are also other great memories such as beating USA in Athens Olympics or Žalgiris winning Euroleague in 1999.

- bostonceltics - Mar 19, 2006

watchiong my first NBA game in america bulls Vs Nets

- Al Bundy - Mar 20, 2006

in what year? soon I will write my best memo Smile

- TalkBasket - Mar 20, 2006

Any year you remember Thup

- Al Bundy - Mar 20, 2006

I'm asking about bulls vs nets Smile

- bostonceltics - Mar 20, 2006

04 first ever live game

- Simmo - Jul 6, 2006

well mine probably is my frirst proper game that I watched.

I cant even remember who it was it was that long ago.

erm it was the chicago bulls v someone and I was like woh when I saw the players skills.

- TalkBasket - Jul 14, 2006

Quote:well mine probably is my frirst proper game that I watched.

I cant even remember who it was it was that long ago.

erm it was the chicago bulls v someone and I was like woh when I saw the players skills.

Maybe that was the good old final Bulls vs Jazz? Smile

What about other members?

- manuel23_ve - Jul 17, 2006

Not exactly a game but a whole series was the 1999 Eastern Conference Finals between the Knicks and the Pacers. Great series that the knicks won 4-2 was also when i fell in love with the team. Biggrin I remember in the third game at MSG Larry Johnson made a four point play at the last second that made the knicks win the game 92-91

- diego.es - Aug 1, 2006

Spain v Yugoslvia, semifinals of the Olynpics in 84. What a team we had

Later on, I think 94/95, I enjoyed Real Madrid beating Olympiakos for the 8th European Cup of our basketball team. Basketball has given Spain supporters far many more good results than football. Even club-wise

- CalvG - Feb 1, 2007

game 3 of last years NBA finals with 6 odd mins left to go and the heat are down by 17 they win the game and go on to win 4-2

- Dave - Feb 3, 2007

7th game in the Playoff Finals between Spurs and Pistons. Didn't have the channel, so I got a mate to tape it and I watched it the next day with a few of my mates. Brilliant stuff and to win the playoffs 4-3 was just magic!

- CalvG - Feb 4, 2007

that was a good game with robert horry hitting the three late if i remember right

- Black Urum - Mar 24, 2007

1996 Euroleague Final Barcelona-Panathinaikos in Paris

Panathinaikos winning during most of the match, even by as many as 13 points, but Barca making a great comeback in the latest seconds and Vrankovic hopeless block 3 seconds to go. It took the great NBA super star Dominique Wilkins (MVP of the Final Four) for Panathinaikos to win its first Euroleague title.

[Image: %7B48553603-9C23-4173-888B-E4D06331E59E%7Dlarge_h.jpg]

2002 Euroleague Final Kinder Bologna - Panathinaikos in Bologna.

I still can not understand how that Panathinaikos managed to beat that Kinder Bologna with Smodis, Ginobili, Granger, Becirovic, Andersen, Rigaudeau, Jaric and Griffith and with Messina as coach and at their homeground.

But nevertheless it was great!!! Great match by Bodiroga, Papadopoulos, Kutluay

- TalkBasket - Mar 24, 2007

I thought you'll mention Eurobasket 2005 too Tongue

- Black Urum - Mar 24, 2007

Why?

- TalkBasket - Mar 24, 2007

Quote:Why?

I thought you were Greek even though you have Afghanistan flag. Sorry for that.

- Unknown - Mar 25, 2007

Watching my First NBA game on the telly. The first time i knew about Basketaball being a sport

- ishtrewshelis - Jan 11, 2008

Eurobasket 2003. Nothing can be better than the taste of gold Thup

- Chavez - Jan 11, 2008

Well theres a few, my first 10 point game, my first game, watching Dwayne Wade for the first time as a rookie and hearing all the commentators say if he could just calm down he would be a star (also my first nba game), and possibly any time I have watched my home team.