Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official retirement thread
(Dec 20, 2011, 1:54 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: Antonio McDyess retires too!

Great great player, great career!!!

We kinda got out of the Euroleague boundaries here Biggrin but it's not the first time in the thread..

I didn't get to watch him in his prime before the big injury but as a Spurs fan I enjoyed watching him playing for the team, a true team player and one of the more reliable mid-range shooters.
(Dec 20, 2011, 12:54 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: Details! we want details Biggrin

As a junior on PAOK's junior men's team, I got the chance to train with the men's team at times, it was a real cool experience, I did more watching and learning than anything else Tongue But yeah, I did train with Peja, mostly giving him passes and getting the rebounds while he practiced 3p shooting, but hey, I was 16-17 and quite star struck. So that's my claim to fame Biggrin Rofl3
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Dec 20, 2011, 3:54 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: We kinda got out of the Euroleague boundaries here Biggrin but it's not the first time in the thread..

I didn't get to watch him in his prime before the big injury but as a Spurs fan I enjoyed watching him playing for the team, a true team player and one of the more reliable mid-range shooters.

Most people don't know this... McDyess had one of the best vertical leaps in NBA history! Thup
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Dec 20, 2011, 3:58 pm)ZEUS Wrote: As a junior on PAOK's junior men's team, I got the chance to train with the men's team at times, it was a real cool experience, I did more watching and learning than anything else Tongue But yeah, I did train with Peja, mostly giving him passes and getting the rebounds while he practiced 3p shooting, but hey, I was 16-17 and quite star struck. So that's my claim to fame Biggrin Rofl3

Wow nice! Huh
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

At that age I found out that it wasn't only about who you knew in basketball, but that you basically had to pay a lot of money to become pro Angry Rolleyes Thudown

Whether you were a good player or not, was hardly relevant Oo

EDIT: I also trained with Yannis Yannoulis closely, he even came to PLAY in our friendly matches against B' national teams. Just when the men thought they were going to smash us, in comes Yannis the monster, and all of a sudden their smiles dropped from their faces Laugh Still, it was amusing playing on the same team with Yannoulis, I had to catch passes from him, much like a football goalkeeper does because Yannis was a monster of strength, and I was a tall, yet skinny teenager Rofl3
That's quite impressive Zeus Ohmy
Ramunas Siskauskas retired! Huh

Great career... with not the best ending!

Damir Mulaomerovic retired!

Both played and won a Euroleague with PAO!!! Thup

Thank you guys!
Siskauskas is one of my favorite players of all time. It's a shame that the last memory from his brilliant playing career is him clanking those two free throws against Olympiacos.

For that reason plus my selfish motives it would be incredible if he retired with the national team, Zidane style. FTW.
Siskauskas was a great player Wink
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
Too bad for Siska, but not everyone can have a fairytale ending to their career.
Could someone of you guys tell me if Berni Rodriguez has retired or is he going to play for another team?
mirsad turkcan retires with a game against cska moscow.

his 6 number jersey will be hanging in the fenerbahce ulker arena.
Old news but...

Shaun Stonerook announces retirement.
(Aug 2, 2012, 12:07 pm)i dont mind Wrote: mirsad turkcan retires with a game against cska moscow.

his 6 number jersey will be hanging in the fenerbahce ulker arena.

The game will be played on 16 September in Novi Pazar(Serbia) place where he was born.
(Sep 7, 2012, 12:56 pm)stefans Wrote: The game will be played on 16 September in Novi Pazar(Serbia) place where he was born.

not actually. game is on fenerbahce ulker arena. however the money will be donated to the mental and physical disabilities in Novi Pazar
Does anyone has a link for last night's game at Palaestra? Montepaschi vs Fener in Pianigiani's return.. If someone can put it i will be gratefull..
(Sep 13, 2012, 12:58 pm)smooth criminal Wrote: Does anyone has a link for last night's game at Palaestra? Montepaschi vs Fener in Pianigiani's return.. If someone can put it i will be gratefull..

Only this i found.It's kind of surprise to see that is Fener kicked... Blink

it's strange cause the game was live in montepaschi's official site..
(Sep 14, 2012, 1:14 pm)smooth criminal Wrote: it's strange cause the game was live in montepaschi's official site..

i haven't seen the full game but i think it is early to make any comments. pianigiani only met with the team couple of days ago. and half of the squad is missing. andersen, emir predzic, ilkan karaman, bogdanovic not joined the team yet.

i will probably see the game against cska moscow and share my thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ7p420KC...r_embedded
Ribounding king Mirsad Turkcan retired with a great farewell game against CSKA Moscow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLtJEpVqxYM

Fenerbahce Ulker :74- CSKA Moscow :56

Hall: Ulker Sports Arena

Referees: Peters Kennerman, Zafer Yilmaz Serkan Emlek

Fenerbahce Ulker: McCalebb 9, Omer Onan 13, Sato 8, Kaya Peker 10, Oguz Savas 8, Mirsad Turkcan , Baris Ermis, Ilkan Fest 11, Bogdanovic 6, Preldzic 9
CSKA Moscow: Jackson 9, Weems 12, Nicholas 5, Sokolov 7, Khryapa 4, Micov 5, Zozulin, Vorontsevich 3, Gudumak 8, Ponkrashov 3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coaches may challenge one official's call per game this season EuroLeague News 0 304 Oct 2, 2021, 6:12 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  Social media reacts to Spanoulis's retirement EuroLeague News 0 264 Jun 30, 2021, 12:04 am
  Big Sofo announces his retirement EuroLeague News 0 659 Dec 15, 2020, 8:40 am
  Lithuanian center Kavaliauskas announces his retirement EuroLeague News 0 897 Jul 10, 2019, 6:24 pm
  Olympiacos filed an official complaint to the Disciplinary Judge of the EuroLeague TB News 0 1,020 Nov 15, 2018, 8:15 pm
Last Post: TB News