Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurobasket 2013 - Qualifying round
The draw took place today in Munich.

Every group has 5 teams apiece, except first one that has 6!

The best two teams of each group will qualify for Eurobasket plus the 4 best third place teams!

Group A

Serbia
Israel
Montenegro
Estonia
Slovakia
Iceland

Group B

Germany
Bulgaria
Sweden
Azerbaijan
Luxembourg

Group C

Croatia
Ukraine
Hungary
Austria
Cyprus

Group D

Georgia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Latvia
Netherlands
Romania

Group E

Finland
Poland
Belgium
Switzerland
Albania

Group F

Turkey
Italy
Portugal
Czech Republic
Belarus

Every team will play every team(of the group) in home & away games!

Group A and Group F should be the most interesting out of the 6! Thup
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
Groups A and F will be VERY hard as you said, at least compared to the other groups, D is gonna be very competitive too IMO.

For Israel I think that it's gonna be a very challenging qualifying round, if we want to qualify we must win all games (or at least 5 out of 6) against Iceland, Slovakia and Estonia and win the home games against Montenegro and Serbia, against Montenegro it should be possible, we done that in the last qualifying tournament but against Serbia.. that's gonna be one hell of a challenge, I guess we'll see Nokia arena sold out against Serbia and Montenegro (not so long ago that would stand for only one country Biggrin ), we're gonna need the fans.
(Dec 4, 2011, 2:51 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: Groups A and F will be VERY hard as you said, at least compared to the other groups, D is gonna be very competitive too IMO.

For Israel I think that it's gonna be a very challenging qualifying round, if we want to qualify we must win all games (or at least 5 out of 6) against Iceland, Slovakia and Estonia and win the home games against Montenegro and Serbia, against Montenegro it should be possible, we done that in the last qualifying tournament but against Serbia.. that's gonna be one hell of a challenge, I guess we'll see Nokia arena sold out against Serbia and Montenegro (not so long ago that would stand for only one country Biggrin ), we're gonna need the fans.

I think yo(Israel) will battle with Montenegro for the second place! Thup

Ofcourse if you finish third, is still in your hands to qualify as one of the best third teams! You just need to win all the other games(with Estonia, Slovakia, Iceland) plus your home game against Montenegro!!!
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Dec 4, 2011, 2:51 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: Groups A and F will be VERY hard as you said, at least compared to the other groups, D is gonna be very competitive too IMO.

It will be very interesting Thup

Probably all home games Serbia will play in Belgrade Arena Thup
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
I made a topic earlier about the qualifying games...

The posts could have been merged with this topic instead of just being axed Mellow

Anyway, Israel thumped Serbia 89-76 in Tel Aviv, and now Serbia is in serious trouble and may not qualify for the 2013 Eurobasket. What the hell is going on Srbija?!?!!?!?!!?! Blink
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
(Aug 29, 2012, 1:25 am)ZEUS Wrote: I made a topic earlier about the qualifying games...

The posts could have been merged with this topic instead of just being axed Mellow

Anyway, Israel thumped Serbia 89-76 in Tel Aviv, and now Serbia is in serious trouble and may not qualify for the 2013 Eurobasket. What the hell is going on Srbija?!?!!?!?!!?! Blink

We have too many stars or players think that they are stars Bag Bag Bag

So we are almost done Thudown Thudown
^ So what's been happening in the games?

I haven't been watching any yet.
[Image: paok0bw.gif]
Montenegro is playing great! Thez are at 6-0 so far, I think...

Serbia, Israel and Estonia will fight over 2nd and 3rd spot...

Serbia must win every match if they wont to go to EB from the 2nd place...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
(Aug 31, 2012, 12:04 am)ZEUS Wrote: ^ So what's been happening in the games?

I haven't been watching any yet.

We play good against small basketball nations,but against Montenegro and Israel is totally different Thudown

We played yesterday against Island and win 114:58 Cool

Next game against Montenegro i doubt that Serbia can win Agree
we're so unstable it's just amazing.. but I really can't tell why cuz in this campaign I've only watched the 2nd half against Montenegro at home. I just hope we'll manage to make it to the Eurobasket, if we do it'd probably be from the 3rd place though..
Serbia also, playing from highest quality basket to a street basket. We really need to be at the top to win tonight against Montenegro... Years are passing and I am still wondering how would our NT look like if we were still Serbia and Montenegro...
(Mar 4, 2012, 7:59 pm)KAPALI Wrote: "...I can show U what I am everytime everywhere your web artist..."
We are disaster Bag Bag Bag This lost against Montenegro was probably are last chance to qualify to Euro. Thudown Thudown Thudown
We will qualify for sure... It's just, if things doesn't change, I will not be hoping for medal...
Milos Teodosic isn't playing well. He will need to step up his game but he isn't the only one. The whole team needs to step up their game. Montenegro is playing great but Serbia normally has a lot more talent but they aren't playing well. Milos Teodosic can play good the one moment but at another moment he can really play very bad. He needs to be more consistent.

I hope to see Saric play more for Croatia and hopefully he can stay out of foultrouble. He's playing well in the minutes that he got. He could be the star for them at Eurobasket if he plays more Thup
I think that Teodosic needs to be more on the bench, and maybe to give an opportunity to Neddovic, cause he is like Teo 4 years ago... Teo needs to learn patience and a looooooot of team work, and Duda needs to stop letting him do what he wants with the ball...
Serbia lost against Estonia ...
(Sep 9, 2012, 8:03 am)alen Wrote: Serbia lost against Estonia ...

how on earth did that happen? i thought its only turkey playing bad.
People in Serbia feel like we can thank Duda for what he has done and let someone younger do the job. Some things that he does are simply not logical anymore. He is old Smile
(Sep 10, 2012, 7:07 am)Led00 Wrote: People in Serbia feel like we can thank Duda for what he has done and let someone younger do the job. Some things that he does are simply not logical anymore. He is old Smile

Agree Thup We should change something till Eurobasket. Agree
Lol, Duda would be out of jobs then. Who would he train? Or maybe, retire in general Tongue

I would like to see Zeljko Obradovic back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eurobasket 2013 - Discussion TeoTheGreek13 99 48,747 Sep 23, 2013, 12:10 am
Last Post: stefans
  Eurobasket 2013 rikhardur 21 15,688 Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 pm
Last Post: Fivepack