Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 The best and the worst atmosphere in Euroleague Arenas?
I watched game Unics vs. Olimpija and saw very bad atmosphere with almost no fans,so i made topic.

The best atmosphere:

1.Partizan
2.Maccabi
3.Galatasaray
4.Panathinaikos
5.Zalgiris

The worst atmosphere:

1.Unics
2.Prokom
3.Zagreb
4.Armani Milano
5.CSKA
[Image: 26637_navijanjeee409_blic_markodjurica_f.jpg]
In my opinion PAO fans can be in the top... when they decide to go to OAKA(against big teams)!!! Biggrin

My experience in OAKA last year in the two games against Barcelona was invaluable!!! Thup Thup Thup Thup

So, my top 5 is:

Panathinaikos
Partizan
Maccabi
Brose Basket

Fenerbahce or Galatasaray (I can't remember which I mean... Bag )

I don't know about the worst atmospheres but CSKA's should definitely be in that list. Baby Baby Baby
[Image: panathinaikos-basket-opadoi.jpg]
(Nov 18, 2011, 5:12 pm)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: Fenerbahce or Galatasaray (I can't remember which I mean... Bag )

Galatasaray Smile
1.Galatasaray
2.Partizan
3.Panathinaikos
4.Olympiakos
5.Maccabi

Galatasaray fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBl_vr6sbA
I really liked the old Sporto Arena in Kaunas. I have never in my life been in such a fire hazard building. If that place went up in flames it's taking most of the crowd with it but the intense environment of a few thousand rowdy fans in a tiny space and it's a tough place to play.

The new Zalgirio Arena is world class, beautiful and huge but the environment isn't comparable to the old days. Now like Siemens Arena in Vilnius its a place to take your family and eat some nachos. Zalgirio Arena also substantially underestimated the number of WCs necessary for a 15k spectator arena.

Not from an atmosphere perspective but from the joy of watching a game the Lietuvos Rytas arena attached to the Siemens arena where Rytas play their non-Zalgiris domestic games is really nice. It only holds 3k so every seat is fantastic. I spent way too much of my life in that building. Tongue
(Nov 30, 2011, 10:53 pm)skangles Wrote: I really liked the old Sporto Arena in Kaunas. I have never in my life been in such a fire hazard building. If that place went up in flames it's taking most of the crowd with it but the intense environment of a few thousand rowdy fans in a tiny space and it's a tough place to play.

The new Zalgirio Arena is world class, beautiful and huge but the environment isn't comparable to the old days. Now like Siemens Arena in Vilnius its a place to take your family and eat some nachos. Zalgirio Arena also substantially underestimated the number of WCs necessary for a 15k spectator arena.

Not from an atmosphere perspective but from the joy of watching a game the Lietuvos Rytas arena attached to the Siemens arena where Rytas play their non-Zalgiris domestic games is really nice. It only holds 3k so every seat is fantastic. I spent way too much of my life in that building. Tongue

Yes.You are right.But Euroleague must improving their arenas.

Same problem will have Partizan in Belgrade Arena next season.It's good atmosphere but not that good like in Pionir.
For me.

Best

1. Panathinaikos
2. Partizan
3. Cantu
4. Maccabi
5. Brose Baskets (personal passion, love it)

Worst

24. Zagreb
23. Unics
22. Prokom
21. Olympiacos (why is it so empty?)
20. Barcelona
(Dec 3, 2011, 11:30 pm)Gonzaka Wrote: For me.

Best

1. Panathinaikos
2. Partizan
3. Cantu
4. Maccabi

Worst

24. Zagreb
23. Unics
22. Prokom
20. Barcelona

I didn't get to watch any home game of Cantu.. are they really that good to be the 3rd best..?
(Dec 3, 2011, 11:40 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: I didn't get to watch any home game of Cantu.. are they really that good to be the 3rd best..?

It could be another personal passion. Shouting all the time, with flags, tifos... Their pre-game against Caja Laboral was amazing.

http://www.sportando.net/tv/ita/6976/lo_...boral.html
(Dec 3, 2011, 11:30 pm)Gonzaka Wrote: For me.

Best

1. Panathinaikos
2. Partizan
3. Cantu
4. Maccabi

Worst

24. Zagreb
23. Unics
22. Prokom
20. Barcelona

I agree with most of your choices but man, you forgot CSKA! There is not a "colder" stadium in Euroleague than CSKA's.

I mean you can't even hear them breathing! Crazy Baby

About, Olympiacos, you can't say that they create the best atmosphere but this year is different.

The previous years they had a team that had as a goal to reach F4 and this year they have a team that can't go farther than top-16. They are extremely disappointed.

***Is that Lamonica on your avatar?!?!?!?! Blink
(Dec 3, 2011, 11:40 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: I didn't get to watch any home game of Cantu.. are they really that good to be the 3rd best..?

I don't know if they deserve the 3rd spot but I guarantee you that they create a great atmosphere!!! Thup

Ask Olympiacos!!! Crazy
CSKA's crowd is only quite because they don't want to disturb the players Biggrin that's very polite you know..

As for Olympiacos I think that the quality of a crowd is measured is seasons like these, even when there's not much success and the team doesn't aim very high, good crowds will always stay behind their team, Partizan is a great example of a team that doesn't aim high and isn't always successful but the fans are there to support the team no matter what.
(Dec 4, 2011, 3:21 am)MaccabiTA Wrote: CSKA's crowd is only quite because they don't want to disturb the players Biggrin that's very polite you know..

As for Olympiacos I think that the quality of a crowd is measured is seasons like these, even when there's not much success and the team doesn't aim very high, good crowds will always stay behind their team, Partizan is a great example of a team that doesn't aim high and isn't always successful but the fans are there to support the team no matter what.

That's right! Thup

On the other hand though, since 1997, they've only won 3 Greek cups, nothing more! Crazy

So their disappointment is reasonable.

Also, OLY owners decided to proliferate the tickets' price. Blink

I can't understand why they did it THIS YEAR. Maybe they don't want the fans into SEF!!! Laugh
(Dec 4, 2011, 2:10 am)TeoTheGreek13 Wrote: ***Is that Lamonica on your avatar?!?!?!?! Blink

Classic!
Respect and thanks for everything:

Alvertis, Bodiroga, Jasikevicius, Radja, Wilkins, Vrankovic, Fotsis, Rebraca, Kattash, Gentile, Koch, Middleton, Kutluay, Rogers, Papadopoulos, Becirovic, Tomasevic, Siskauskas, Pekovic, Lakovic, Vujanic, Chatzivrettas, Maljkovic, Spanoulis and many more to follow in the near future.
[Image: vspa.jpg]

For who didn't see the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82hA7TGs6...re=related

Navarro after the match. I have played many Euroleague games but i never have see atmhosphere like this.
(Dec 5, 2011, 11:58 pm)Cimbom1905 Wrote: Navarro after the match. I have played many Euroleague games but i never have see atmhosphere like this.

He forgot Pionir Blink
(Dec 5, 2011, 11:58 pm)Cimbom1905 Wrote: Navarro after the match. I have played many Euroleague games but i never have see atmhosphere like this.

He probably forgot the atmosphere in OAKA in last year's playoffs, where his shorts had a big brown stain!!! Rofl3 Crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfk...r_embedded
Jaka Lakovic, after the match against Efes.

http://twitter.com/#!/LakovicJaka/status...1673410560

He played at Oaka ass well and so many Euroleague games Smile

Sarunas Jasikevicus who plays now for Pana has say the same too.

when he played for Fenerbahce, last year against us in Turkish final,

he sayed that he never saw a atmosphere in displacement like this.

Sasha Vujacic said it also, and he had played 1 week ago in Pionir.

Tarence Kinsey about Galatasaray fans, when he was a Fener player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1kVpD3yYU
^^^ What is the capacity of Galatasaray's stadium?????

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EuroLeague Arenas TalkBasket 1 177 Nov 23, 2023, 1:54 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  2023-24 EuroLeague signings and rumors TalkBasket 0 118 Nov 22, 2023, 3:10 pm
Last Post: TalkBasket
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge tips: Something for everyone EuroLeague News 0 449 Nov 14, 2021, 7:39 am
Last Post: EuroLeague News
  EuroLeague on Social Media EuroLeague News 0 373 Nov 12, 2021, 8:55 pm
  EuroLeague Fantasy Challenge Round 8 winner EuroLeague News 0 382 Nov 12, 2021, 6:58 am