TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Partizan to get A license?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:According to Serbian media, Partizan is close to getting an A-license for partitipation in the Euroleague, which would guarantee their presence in the continent's top competition for the next three years, regardless the results in domestic competitions (given of course the club won't be relegated).

It seems that Partizan's qualification to the Final Four after twelve years, in addition to the team's performance in recent years, TV coverage and public attendance to Euroleague games (Partizan holds the record with 22.567), has put up quite a public demand for Partizan to get an A-license and guaranteed Euroleague partitipation for three years.

Partizan is the only Final Four participant without an A-License this year. The 13 clubs that hold A-licenses are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Caja Laboral, Unicaja Malaga, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, Siena, Roma, CSKA, Maccabi, Efes Pilsen, Fenerbahce and Zalgiris. The Serbian club drew succesful results against six of them on their run to the Final Four in Paris, including Maccabi in the quarterfinals with home court disadvantage.

The Serbian Champions picked up the pace in the 2006-2007 season when they reached the Top 16 round for the first time in ULEB era, with a 8-12 overall record. In the following two seasons, Partizan went one step further and reached the quarterfinals, with overall records of 11-12 and 9-10 respectively. This season they stand at 10-8 currently with further improvement possible, as there are still two more games to be played in Paris.

In any case, Partizan will be a top seed in next season's draw thanks to the Final Four qualification.

Partizan deserves it way more than some other teams that currently hold A-licenses imo
If there's a team which deserves A license among those who were not given them, then it's Partizan. I don't think anyone could question that. So in my opinion there's no point to discuss whether Partizan deserves the A license or not.

The main question to me is who would lose the license in favour of Partizan? Or will the number of A licenses be increased? Out of current A license holders both Turkish teams and Žalgiris deserved them the least judging by their results in recent years. Efes Pilsen and Fenerbahce have big budgets and they manage to bring top class players but they fail every year. They also have low attendance stats. Meanwhile Žalgiris has relatively low budget but they are also underperforming for several years now (considering the players they have). Not to mention the management of the team.

If EL was to choose among these three teams then Žalgiris has the best chances to lose its A license. Efes Pilsen recently became one of the main sponsors of EL so I can't see how their basketball team could lose A license.

Wouldn't a consensus of all ULEB members be needed to make changes to A license holders? Or is it only EL clubs decision?
indeed, it should be narrowed down to fenerbahce and zalgiris. partizan has a smaller budget but makes it up with attendances and results. in any case partizan deserves the A-license more than those two
(Apr 6, 2010, 2:17 pm)suricata Wrote: [ -> ]indeed, it should be narrowed down to fenerbahce and zalgiris. partizan has a smaller budget but makes it up with attendances and results. in any case partizan deserves the A-license more than those two

They should take away from both teams and give to Partizan and Rytas (Lithuania deserves two teams in Euroleague).
This is great news, and it was about time for someone to recognize Serbian's comeback to European scene Biggrin

Hope that Hemofarm will advance to EL in that case.
The question is whether Partizan getting the A license will close the door for other Serbian teams, regardless of results (like Maccabi in Israel; Holon won the championship, but couldn't go to the EL because Maccabi have the A and Israel are only given one spot), or the EL will open another spot for Serbia, which will allow Serbia to potentially have two teams in the EL.
this is all so confusing. is there actually a concrete plan behind EL spots or do they make up things on the road? seeing a second serbian team in el, at least in the qualification round would be nice. i wanna see a fourth greek team also. imo there are more than three competitive teams in the greek league
Actually, I think that it would open another spot for NLB league. And that the best team will go to qualifications. Of course, Partizan, Cibona and Olimpija will hold their spots, and best behind them would go to qual's. In this case, Hemofarm.
Tha Pionir´s athmosphere is necessary for the Euroleague, so this team must play in the Euroleague
Quote:Although this season Partizan had fantastic results in the near future will not get A license, as no other club in the region.

"Last year we had meetings with the clubs of the Adriatic league in order to resolve all issues set for years in the region. That agreement remains in force. Partizan, Cibona and Olimpija will play for two years in Euroleague . When that agreement expires, we'll review it again with A licenses, but do not expect that a club from the region receives, "said Bertomeu.

Bertomeu also explained the process of licensing and Euroleague intention to have a stable group of good teams in the market.

"We want to have a stable group of teams from large markets, but without forgetting the national champion. We want to include a large market and we need something in the Euroleague from Germany, France and probably from Poland. We have to accept the reality of regional leagues, and great teams have to play, although there have problems. We want a full hall, and some teams such as Barcelona, Fenerbahce have a problem with a visit, and Siena, for example, has a small room, "said Bertomeu.
I read this news in the local daily news called 24h. My only reaction is "fist through Bartomeu's face"...
I think all this A license business is bollocks. All teams should have to fight their way into reaching the Euroleague, and no one should have an easier ride. Each year all teams should have to battle it out to prove that they are Euroleague level worthy. Apart from that, I was really impressed by Partizan's progress this year. They are proof that top level European basketball isn't only about massive budgets.
Totally agree about the participation system. For example, EFES is playing on a middle level for a few seasons now and I am sure there r teams that can play with it side by side and that rn't even considered for qual round for EL...
Partizan is the most successful in three-year euroleague scoring teams in the competition clubs that do not have a guaranteed participation in the elite competition, the so-called A license. Black and white are from 2007 to 2010 collected 107 points and the closest companions are Valencia (92), Khimki (84), Lietuvos Rytas (80), DKV Joventut (77), UNICS (73), Alba (69) ... If the next two years hold the advantage, Partizan will be for the season 2012/2013 get A license, instead of the weakest team that has a guaranteed share, and it's Zalgiris Kaunas at the moment (just 66 points).
They ll never give us that A licence, althought we deserve it. We are probably only team in history with 120% attendance!

If we get in to the Top16 round, we ll play it in Belgrade Arena in front of the 22000 people...

what is better than this

But they dont care about that, obviously... Anda I dont care also... We are going to be champions in our country for a long, long time...
in the beginning, I was pisses that we didn't get it, and there so many teams with A license that we can school with our 15 year old team. But now, i don't give a damn, we will continue to butcher most of the EL teams with F license if that is what it takes, I don't care. And if some team manages to beat us in the home championships, that feel free to taste EL, but that will not happen soon!
(Jul 14, 2010, 8:35 am)realno *w Wrote: [ -> ]They ll never give us that A licence, althought we deserve it. We are probably only team in history with 120% attendance!

If we get in to the Top16 round, we ll play it in Belgrade Arena in front of the 22000 people...

what is better than this

But they dont care about that, obviously... Anda I dont care also... We are going to be champions in our country for a long, long time...

Nice pic, would that be available in a much larger size perhaps? Smile
(Jul 14, 2010, 8:35 am)realno *w Wrote: [ -> ]They ll never give us that A licence, althought we deserve it. We are probably only team in history with 120% attendance!

what is better than this

Keep in mind that you can't get an A license unless you play all your games in a 10,000 plus arena.
(Aug 10, 2010, 8:02 pm)forum troll Wrote: [ -> ]Keep in mind that you can't get an A license unless you play all your games in a 10,000 plus arena.

Partizan have Belgrade Arena.For A licence they will play on stadium of Partizan football club. Biggrin

And from 2011/12 season all clubs will must play in 10k arenas.
(Aug 11, 2010, 1:07 am)stefans Wrote: [ -> ]Partizan have Belgrade Arena.For A licence they will play on stadium of Partizan football club. Biggrin

And from 2011/12 season all clubs will must play in 10k arenas.

Euroleague changed the rule. From 2012-13 all clubs with a license must play all their games in a 10,000 plus arena, including domestic games.

Other clubs can still use a 5,000 arena. So Partizan would have to be able to use Belgrade Arena for Adriatic and Serbian games also.
Pages: 1 2